Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Preorders of SharkPPC card series  (Read 1867 times)

Description:

Offline PhantomTopic starter

• Show all replies
    • http://l9memorial.if-legends.org/html/home.html
Preorders of SharkPPC card series
« on: April 17, 2008, 05:25:38 PM »
I can see from different Amiga forums, that many people wanted to have at least one PPC card for their Amiga to run even AmigaOS 4.0.

So here comes a simple question:

How about gathering an x-number of preorders about the SharkPPC cards from Elbox? I don't know if they have the prototype, but as I can see from their website and the photo attached, I think they have it. (According to the simple version of SharkPPC, not the plus (+) version, as I can see there is no photo).

I guess that this card is abandoned (?) and the prototype might be far for being 100% complete to run on an Amiga equipped with a Mediator.

Maybe if we send them an email, that x-people want to preorder this card, maybe they can do something. It's obvious that a news regarding that "SharkPPC cards will be available to the Amiga community" a lot of people will buy it, right?

It's just my guess. I suppose Elbox knows what is going on about the Amiga market, and I'm sure that a lot of us want to buy a new PPC card to run AmigaOS 4.0.

This thread was first started from our community (www.amigahellas.gr) and to tell the truth, we are 10 people till know that they want to preorder this card.

But I thought, that a thread in an international forum like amiga.org it would be much better.

Thanks for your reading, and I'm waiting your comments.

P.S.: Even if Elbox sometime decide to continue with the preorder of these cards, we can ask Hyperion about a patch maybe, so we can run AmigaOS 4.0 with SharkPPC cards.
To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures