Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga RGB analog to component Y-Pb-PrTV ?  (Read 4728 times)

Description:

Offline Framiga

• Show only replies by Framiga
Re: Amiga RGB analog to component Y-Pb-PrTV ?
« Reply #14 from previous page: March 04, 2007, 12:08:40 PM »
"I am familiar with impedance compensation and correction. I am familiar with PCB design as I regularly use Altium DXP. Interferences and diaphony reflections may proove to be a problem but that remains to be seen."

sorry but ... why ask over here if you already know it?

edited- just noticed that the above link is for a VGA to Y-Pb-PrTV  (to no use for your needs)

or better ... you could attempt this way:

look for an AmigaRGB to VGA commodore adapter and the above mentioned VGA to Y-Pb-PrTV transcoder. It should works seen that frequwncies doesn't matters in this scenario.

How well it will works, "remains to be see" ;-) but if you have time and skills it worth a try.

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 12:59:31 PM »
I am happy i live in Europe, where one can just plug it into the scart that is present all tvs 21" or higher after the 80s..
I really wonder why they never had such a input in usa/canada, considering that scart+rgb gives much better picture than svideo and composite.

I bet it would be easier to just get a pal tv set. Most newer pal tvs also support ntsc input, so that should be no problem either.

Offline Dennis

• Show only replies by Dennis
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2007, 01:42:36 PM »
It is perfectly possible to convert the Amiga's RGB signal to Y-Pb-Pr (component) video. Even if it is interlaced. It is then called 480i(ntsc) or 576i(pal). My panasonic television supports all formats (480i/480p/576i/576p/720p and 1080i) over the component input. The schematics posted here should work and can be made even simpler because of the sync signal. The Amiga puts out a composite sync signal that can be directly added to the component video. No need to adjust pulse widths at all! It should also work with AGA 31khz modes too. Just make sure the opamps used have enough bandwidth and drive capability.

Good luck!

Dennis

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2007, 10:23:50 PM »

Dennis wrote:
It is perfectly possible to convert the Amiga's RGB signal to Y-Pb-Pr (component) video. Even if it is interlaced. It is then called 480i(ntsc) or 576i(pal). My panasonic television supports all formats (480i/480p/576i/576p/720p and 1080i) over the component input. The schematics posted here should work and can be made even simpler because of the sync signal. The Amiga puts out a composite sync signal that can be directly added to the component video. No need to adjust pulse widths at all! It should also work with AGA 31khz modes too. Just make sure the opamps used have enough bandwidth and drive capability.

Good luck!

Dennis

I take it that as far as you know, nobody has actually done it before.

What I would really need is accurate timing and electrical specifications on the Amiga RGB signals and the same for the Y-Pb-Pr signals.

Assuming I can make a working prototype, the next big hurdle would be to find female DB-23 connectors.

I also assume, from what I read, that if the device easily converts NTSC Amiga RGB into Y-Pb-Pr 480i, then it should also convert PAL Amiga RGB into Y-Pb-Pr 576i without any switches or alterations.

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2007, 01:53:05 AM »
The neobitz http://www.neobitz.com/ seems to do just that but getting one of these appears to be quite difficult...

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2007, 02:45:08 AM »
Have I found the jackpot?

This plan : http://elm-chan.org/works/yuv2rgb/rgb2yuv.png

Was used to create this  (jump down to RGB->Component converter) : http://www.freewebs.com/segasonicfan/arcadeworks.htm

Yesssss!