Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: P2P OS4  (Read 3718 times)

Description:

Offline Magic-MerlTopic starter

• Show all replies
P2P OS4
« on: April 08, 2005, 12:07:16 PM »
This is not entirely a complaint but the Amiga as far as a new hardware/software platform is in it's infancy.

I was very upset to see that OS4 pre-release is available via e-mule.

Now I have to say that I am a hypocrite.  I download stuff from e-mule constantly - but when I saw this I was offended.  Yes, offended.

I was looking for adf's and purely by coincidence found it.  I suppose for the moment it doesn't really matter as OS4 is only available with an Amiga One and it doesn't run on anything else - but when it is available as a standalone product will we suffer the same fate at the hands of the pirates.

As a comparison - does OSX suffer from a similar problem and how does that affect Apples market.

Any Mac heads out there that have any idea?

• Show all replies
Re: P2P OS4
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 12:32:46 PM »
So to simplyfy things - no Apple do not suffer because OSX appears on P2P networks.

Good.

No need to worry then eh!

• Show all replies
Re: P2P OS4
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 07:16:58 PM »

Yes this is a forum, yes we can say almost anything here. Yes bloodline will get out of bed on the other side tomorrow and feel like contributing something possitive.

We need to chill out a little.  It was a simple question which was abruptly, and incorrectly, answered.

For a moment I thought we had the answer to all the OS piracy problems.  Sell the OS with the hardware - worked for Windoze.

Accident or not.  If the Amiga One was available without OS4, at any point in the near future, I could have downloaded the ISO.  Good or bad - the fact happens to be that certain individuals may now own it without actually having the hardware.  It may have no relevance but will only have a financial impact in the future - thus harming the Amiga developers and the marketplace in general.