Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ideas : Why was this forum created?  (Read 5238 times)

Description:

Ideas : Why was this forum created?
« on: November 18, 2004, 02:40:51 AM »
This forum is really here as an experiment.  An invitation if you will to share with us any thoughts or ideas you might have for supporting the Amiga community (whether online or offline).

It doesn't matter who actually gets it done, we're not talking about "who gets credit" here, but I know that lots of you have ideas every single day about things that the Amiga community needs or "should have".  Let's see who can come up with the next "UGN", "ADN", or "RC5 project".  Who knows?  Maybe an idea of yours could help everyone around you...

Wayne

Offline gizz72

• Show only replies by gizz72
Re: Why was this forum created?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 03:23:15 AM »
Greetings Wayne,

Cheers for the new forum. May the posts count rise. Many thanks to you Wayne! :pint:

What the Community needs, besides ideas are supports from hardware/software manufacturers and resellers as well. We can't build these ideas without them also. It's a continuous interaction between and the community. Likewise, cheers for the future plans, ideas and the works... :-D

:pint: Rootbeer float?

Regards,

Gizz
Good day to all Amigans!
Please Check My FaceBook page
or my Resource Blog @ G.A.R.P.

SAM - SAMSUNG DB-Z2 Dual Core; 1 GB RAM; Dual Drive Win7 and IcarosDesktopv1.5.2
GEORGE - TOSHIBA Satellite J41 ; 512MB RAM; Dual Partition WinXP and IcarosDesktopv1.5.2
MANNY - A1200 + CobraDKB \'030 w/ 32MB + DataF

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 03:21:29 PM »
bump because Xoops sucks.

Offline legion

• Show only replies by legion
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 05:17:29 PM »

Amiga community support ideas

1.  Stop all the damn fighting.

That's it.
Have you hugged your KennyR or Paul Gadd today?

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 05:21:18 PM »

legion wrote:

1.  Stop all the damn fighting.

That's it.

then the forums would go silent... with only the ocational "is it ready yet?" thread generaing a few negative posts...

Offline x56h34

• Show only replies by x56h34
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 05:23:51 PM »
@bloodline:

When will Aros be ready? :-)

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2004, 05:26:52 PM »

x56h34 wrote:
@bloodline:

When will Aros be ready? :-)

At the rate it's going at the moment... I guess 2066... but that's just a rough estimate +-66 years :-D

Depends what you want to do with it... for playing it's pretty much ready... for use in an office forget it... for use surfing the internet... 2 more weeks (tm)...

Offline x56h34

• Show only replies by x56h34
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2004, 05:33:50 PM »
@bloodline:

Sounds like fun. I'd like to try it out, as soon as I find the time to assemble a P3 system, which I've been meaning to use for non-windows related stuff.

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2004, 05:35:11 PM »
Not sure how relevant it is (that is to say, I don't actually know, rather than being gratuitously OT), but I've been working on that FAQ I promised. Spent a couple of hours on it the other night, and have spent a few minutes here and there when I've had time. What I hope to do soon, is to perhaps post some of the ones nearing completed so they can be ripped apart, I mean, so people can make some helpful suggestions ;-)
I like Amigas

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2004, 05:44:37 PM »
I know this is a stretch, but let's stay on topic please?

Wayne

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2004, 05:46:54 PM »
Thanks very much for your continued help and support.

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2004, 05:49:20 PM »
There is only one way for the fighting to end.  That is to literally seperate all the red and blue children into seperate sites and don't allow them to speak to one another.

Since we all know THAT isn't going to happen any time soon, I can only say "get used to it", then start kicking ass every time people start acting stupid.  Makes me "Mister Popular" but such is my burden in life.

Wayne

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2004, 05:56:21 PM »

Wayne wrote:
I know this is a stretch, but let's stay on topic please?

Wayne

That's what I mean. What IS the topic? I am a bit lost, hence why I said, 'I don't know if this is on-topic or not...'
I thought writing an FAQ for people returning to the scene was supporting the community, hence relevant.
What do you mean exactly by your original post? Sorry, I've just driven 300 miles and am a little bit zombified.

I like Amigas

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2004, 06:02:47 PM »
The basic principle behind this forum is to allow people to create and work with ideas towards the goal of helping the Amiga community.  For example, things I think the Amiga community currently needs (from a Webmaster's perspective)

- a site which is unique to Amiga users and doesn't rely on Xoops or any other packaged CMS
- a comprehensive and "living" online FAQ (unlike the usual, it's done, so never update it again)
- a real replacement for Aminet, to include classic and 4.x software, not just AmigaOS 4.x.
- a User Group management engine (though user groups are quickly growing passe thanks to the Internet)

Wayne

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2004, 06:08:17 PM »
- an Amiga-specific version of "ebay" where we can work to better help Amiga users and elimate the few scumbags running around on ebay preying on Amiga users.