Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DRAGON ColdFire FAQ  (Read 4714 times)

Description:

Offline Orjan

• Show all replies
Re: DRAGON ColdFire FAQ
« on: January 13, 2005, 10:16:41 PM »
@Tangletown

http://www.elbox.com/news_04_12_17.html

"The suggested retail price is 349 EUR. (VAT excl.)"

Edit: In comparison, it´s actually pretty cheap, considering that the Dragon contains both a powerful accelerator and PCI/AGP..

I mean, otherwise you have to buy a Mediator ( Between 140 - 290€, depending on model ) and an accelerator ( like 2 - 300€, perhaps more, for an 060 or 060/ppc combo ).

So in comparison, 349€ is pretty ok.. Now, if they would only manage to write drivers for the GeForce AGP cards... :-)
\\"Memory is like an orgasm. It\\\'s a lot better if you don\\\'t have to fake it.\\"
- Seymore Cray, on virtual memory.

Offline Orjan

• Show all replies
Re: DRAGON ColdFire FAQ
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 10:52:52 PM »
For myself, I can say that if I get the cash, I am most certainly interested in this piece of hardware.. It´s much cheaper than to buy an A1, and you get most of the stuff anyway..

Sure, you can´t run OS4, but you can play movies, surf the web, download stuff, use USB stuff, get a sound card, and so on... All depending on how many PCI slots it will have, ofcourse...

But it still sucks that you cant promote the original Amiga A/V to the graphics card.. Major drawback if you play classic games that hit the hardware... :-(
\\"Memory is like an orgasm. It\\\'s a lot better if you don\\\'t have to fake it.\\"
- Seymore Cray, on virtual memory.