Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Comments About AmigaKit  (Read 2361 times)

Description:

Offline Rob

Re: Comments About AmigaKit
« Reply #14 from previous page: June 23, 2022, 06:04:31 PM »
@BozzerBigD
I am also insterested in the A1222 Plus
Pull the other one.

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2022, 09:32:27 PM »
AMIGAKIT:

So what is the status of the A1222?

For the record I have had years of great service from Amigakit but I do have issue with the lack of ANY INFORMATION regarding the A1222.
Now I understand that you are not building the boards but you DID provide the AAA bundle and are supposed to be distributing the boards for the Early Adopter Program so you should be obligated to provide some kind of information.

Please advise on what you know regarding the AAA project and if it is even still viable.

Offline BozzerBigDTopic starter

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2022, 11:52:33 PM »
I am not trolling.

Well, ask yourself this: if you were talking with us face to face at a show or in the office, would you tell us that we have "non-existant service" ?  I suspect not because besides not being polite, it is a blatant exaggaration of the truth.  Therefore, why are you posting this on our forum?

I accept that I exaggerated but that is because you have never answered my questions about the Prisma Megamix while it was for sale or gave a time frame/update for manufacture of the CD32 Joypad switcher in 'normal' channels. I still await a time frame and have had to assume the Rapid Road USB was never 'officially' compatible with the Prisma's clockport from your comments today. All of it is now as you say "a non-issue" as you are not able to sell me either item and I envisage SolidCore returning to the scene would be more likely than a CD32 switcher from AmigaKit in the medium term!  :-[ Maybe you could employ him as a contractor?

https://www.amibay.com/member/20003-solidcore

Also, no need to take a cheap jab at RetroPassion.
We did not reference third parties- another example of you attempting to stir the pot. 

I question that:

This is our livelihood, which you probably do not consider.  We operate in a niche low margin market.  As a consumer you now have plenty of choice of pop-up part time "dealers" who maybe will be gone within a year or two.

You seem to be talking about small 'run out of home' outfits like RetroPassion with that statement. Yes, you didn't 'name' them but you implied that was the sort of business that you were talking about. It doesn't matter. Small outfits like that ARE your competition now.

I would like to conclude that your business is valued but you do need in my opinion to accept some constructive criticism and the way that you have stalled answering some of my queries (dragging on over 2 years in the case of the Prisma) has not been completely as it should have been. I thank you for answering my questions here and I wish we could have had these discussions months if not years ago over the AmigaKit ticketing system, on the phone or at a show.

Truce. Forgive me my Amiga passion  ;)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 12:21:45 AM by BozzerBigD »
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios