Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Specific questions regarding Tabor/A1222 hardware  (Read 10791 times)

Description:

Offline outlawal2

Re: Specific questions regarding Tabor/A1222 hardware
« Reply #14 from previous page: March 02, 2020, 09:08:30 PM »
So I received my email from Amiga Kit with my serial# with the instruction to register said serial at the following link.
https://www.amisphere.com/download/a1222plus_early_adopter.php

It failed as I did not already have a login.  OK, fine I am good with that, I go to the main site and create a new login and it still fails.
Never received the confirmation email they said I would receive and I cannot login at all.   Also no way to reach anyone regarding this issue.

ZERO information on the page if you do have issues and no recourse whatsoever.

So exactly HOW do we register our serial # if the website will not allow logins using the account that was created specifically to do so?

Offline TribbleSmasher

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2020, 09:13:55 PM »
You donot have to wait for the  email from amisphere.
Just use the ID given at the confirmation when the account was created as your user name. login directly.

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2020, 09:16:54 PM »
I created an account and it does not work. Has nothing to do with the email from Amigakit.
I created the account and now when I use the exact same name and password it does not work.  Again has nothing at all to do with whether I received an email from Amigakit, that was only included to show the progressions of events.

Regardless, the account I created does not work and no way to reach anyone regarding this issue

Offline TribbleSmasher

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2020, 09:19:02 PM »
Read slowly.
You must use the ID given to you when the account is created. Not your choosen name.

Once you are past this confirmation screen and already tried to login, you probably don't see your assigned ID anymore.

Then you are f'd and must create another account.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 09:20:50 PM by TribbleSmasher »

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2020, 09:23:26 PM »
So It asks me what I want my login to be and I provide it and then when finished it gives out a completely different ID that is used to login?  And exactly how does it provide this phantom ID?  I say Phantom because it did not show one when I signed up and as I had mentioned already I have not received anything from them since the account creation.

Offline TribbleSmasher

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2020, 09:26:00 PM »
It shows a small textbox saying something like
your account with id asxxxx has been created.
login here or something like that.

That ID on top is your username.

It is a very sophisticated and smart system from a genius person, you must admit.

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2020, 09:29:37 PM »
Well since I have never seen a system that disregards what your requested login is I guess I am screwed because now that I can't see the ORIGINAL EFFING SCREEN I have no way to determine what my login is.

Another awesome and brilliant Amiga Land system.
Totally non standard account creation and sign on and if any issues whatsoever ZERO recourse.
Effing Brilliant

And for the record I am a Systems Engineer supporting thousands of PCs, servers and network equipment so I have a *little* knowledge about such things.

This is assinine

Thanks for your help just the same

Offline TribbleSmasher

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2020, 09:31:55 PM »
I feel you.
Make a new account with an underscore in your nick name.
There will be a whole family of nicks with underscores then.

dont wait for the mail with the data confirmation. it will never arrive.

Offline First Ninja

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2020, 11:41:28 PM »
Well since I have never seen a system that disregards what your requested login [...]
The login details you are looking for have hopefully already been sent to you. Please look for an e-mail sent to the address you specified when asking for an AmiSphere account. The topic of the e-mail should be "AmiSphere Account Registration", sent from support (x) amisphere (x) com. At the bottom part of that e-mail, you should have been assigned the user name you are supposed to use for the login. Please use that user name along with the password you chose when accessing AmiSphere. Also, please note that the login credentials are case sensitive. Best of luck!
Karate, Jerry. Karate. It's the lifetime pursuit of balance and harmony.

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2020, 02:12:56 AM »
NINJA, yep sounds good but the email never arrives..
Thanks for the try though I appreciate it!

Offline number6

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2020, 11:49:44 AM »
@thread

There are also several pages of people having issues at OS4welt:
and following page

Hopefully putting this all together will result in some general helpful advice.