Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FA: original Commodore CD32 joypad and some more  (Read 462 times)

Description:

Offline AllocVecTopic starter

• Show only replies by AllocVec
FA: original Commodore CD32 joypad and some more
« on: April 08, 2016, 04:02:46 PM »
Hi!

I started an ebay auction yesterday:

original joypad for the CD32 from Commodore

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/cphao_n/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 09:09:39 AM by AllocVec »

Re: FA: original Commodore CD32 joypad and some more
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 09:10:00 AM »
ending today together with a lot of other amiga items

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by som99
    • http://www.som99.se
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 12:47:07 PM »
Would have bidded on the CD32 pad if it was not missing the rubber dpad :( My gamepads have em but seems pretty much everyone else is missing them haha :)

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 01:10:47 PM »
Quote from: som99;807302
Would have bidded on the CD32 pad if it was not missing the rubber dpad :( My gamepads have em but seems pretty much everyone else is missing them haha :)

I do not know what you mean, but this pad is in excellent condition, nothing is missing.

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 03:43:38 PM »
Quote from: AllocVec;807303
I do not know what you mean, but this pad is in excellent condition, nothing is missing.

Since I'm not home i took a picture I had from my unboxing of my NOS CD32, as you can see in the marked area the CD32 pads came with a rubber Dpad with adhesive on that is ment to stick on the dpad area on the controller.

Those tiny dents on the controller is not ment to be used as is, they are ment to hold the rubberpart from slipping of since the adhesive rubber part has indentions on the back to fit perfectly.

Seems many people are missing this part tho.

I can take better pictures showing it on when I get home if you like.

But this is one big reason why you see so much rant on the CD32 controller since people don't know that the dpad ain't supposed to just have those tiny dents on it but a propper dpad with directional cross.

Edit: Should make a mold and make new ones for those who are missing em :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 03:47:11 PM by som99 »

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 04:13:28 PM »
Wow, I never knew those rubber pads existed, and I've owned 2 cd32s in my time  :)

I actually quite like the cd32 controllers. Theyre a little flimsy feeling, but I find them quite comfortable. I can imagine how those rubber pads would improve the d-pad precision. Without them is does take a little adapting to as its not perfectly straight.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 04:25:31 PM »
I looked in my inventory and none of my CD32s has this application. One of them I bought straight at the beginning. Maybe those applications were optional or a later improvement/upgrade?

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 04:34:56 PM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;807311
Wow, I never knew those rubber pads existed, and I've owned 2 cd32s in my time  :)

I actually quite like the cd32 controllers. Theyre a little flimsy feeling, but I find them quite comfortable. I can imagine how those rubber pads would improve the d-pad precision. Without them is does take a little adapting to as its not perfectly straight.

They do alot for the feeling of the controller, as you said make it alot easier to press straight on the dpad. I do not use the CD32 pads without them :)

Quote from: AllocVec;807312
I looked in my inventory and none of my CD32s has this application. One of them I bought straight at the beginning. Maybe those applications were optional or a later improvement/upgrade?

Strange dpad design if not supplied with that part from the beginning, I must date check my CD32 since mine came with the rubber dpad part.

We can hope someone else chimes in who bought a CD32 early at release.

I should look into the possebility to make new rubber dpad parts since I have a few, should not be to hard to make decent molds of it?

Edit: Found more pictures of the gamepad with the dpad part on.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 04:38:29 PM by som99 »

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 04:37:52 PM »
Quote from: som99;807313
I should look into the possebility to make new rubber dpad parts since I have a few, should not be to hard to make decent molds of it?

Would be a great add on, maybe you can make a free 3D-model of it to make them on shapeways or something like that?

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2016, 04:47:04 PM »
Quote from: AllocVec;807314
Would be a great add on, maybe you can make a free 3D-model of it to make them on shapeways or something like that?

Was thinking about doing that, I'm working away this week but should look into it when I get home on friday.

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2016, 08:46:09 PM »
Quote from: som99;807310
Edit: Should make a mold and make new ones for those who are missing em :)

Yes please :)
The adhesiveness on the one that came with my CD32 wore out and it was lost long ago. None of the other CD32 controllers I've had since (used, new/OEM) have had them.

Offline save2600

• Show only replies by save2600
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2016, 02:15:38 AM »
I remember when I bought my first CD32 in the mid 90's (Software Hut I'm sure); it *did* have the adhesive rubber thingy. Never used it though.

The 2nd and now 3rd CD32 I now own also came with it, but have yet to actually use. Guess I just got used to the bare naked pad as-is!   :lol:

So, I've bought a total of 3 brand new CD32 units within the past 20 years and all came with the rubber cross-hair adhesive pad, which leads me to believe they all should have come with them. People just lost track of them I'm sure.