Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

AuthorTopic: WTB: Amiga 1200/other in the US.  (Read 518 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline amiga76

Re: WTB: Amiga 1200/other in the US.
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2015, 11:50:26 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;781371
Dang, they sure don't go for cheap these days!  :(

IMHO the A1200 is great if you just want something for playing games, as there's a lot of AGA-only content out there.  Also the faster chipset is nice just for tinkering around with Workbench (since you can pretty much forget about getting a graphics card for one unless you plan on taking out a second home mortgage).  But if you just want something to feed your Amiga fix, there's plenty of A2000's out there starting at less than half that, as well as A500's, I even saw an A600 and a CDTV on ebay going for less than that, a few minutes ago.

Personally I love my A2000's.  Easy to expand and tinker on, I fire up my main one almost every day just to "get my fix".  Still, if you've got the cash and don't mind scouring the net a bit, an A1200 with replaced caps, a CF adapter, one of the ACA accelerators, and an Indivision AGA (with the Kipper2K HDMI adapter if you're into that sort of thing) will give you a nice, compact, fairly "modern" and "bulletproof" system to play around with.

Good luck!  :)


Thank you Mike...what you're saying makes total sense. I am still looking: it's always like that...you get in it thinking you know what you want and then there are so many options that it gets hard to make up your mind....add the fact that some of these are harder and more expensive to find in the US and i think it might take a bit longer than expected to make a decision.

That said, to me the search is half the fun :laugh1:
 

Offline c64man

Re: WTB: Amiga 1200/other in the US.
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2015, 12:34:27 AM »
Quote from: amiga76;781445
Thank you Mike...what you're saying makes total sense. I am still looking: it's always like that...you get in it thinking you know what you want and then there are so many options that it gets hard to make up your mind....add the fact that some of these are harder and more expensive to find in the US and i think it might take a bit longer than expected to make a decision.

That said, to me the search is half the fun :laugh1:


They are hard to find,  I just built another one,   Ive got one that needs a home.  

its an A1200
Has the following upgrades

ACA 1233 Accelerator with 128MB RAM
3.1 ROMS
8GB CF Card with ClassicWB 3.1 Installed
Ethernet Card

It has one missing key that isnt used on the US keyboard layout
A 1084S monitor comes iwth it but its pretty rough,  needs some love

Im asking 500 dollars for it.   And I just put it in my Square Store

All the pics are listed up on the Square Listing
https://squareup.com/market/d-uae/commodore-amiga-system
 

Offline danbeaver

  • Lifetime Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Mar 2012
  • Posts: 2459
  • Total likes: 1
Re: WTB: Amiga 1200/other in the US.
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2015, 01:17:51 AM »
I would do the $500 but add the following from Amigakit:

New Keyboard http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=49_89&products_id=336 $38.43

RGB to VGA adapter
http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=42&products_id=183 $13.68 (my preference)

Full set of New 3.1 Install disks http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=47&products_id=1211 $17.18

Cable to allow an IDE CD Drive
http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_67&products_id=608  starting at $8.38 -- ask to make a modified one so the last fits a CD Drive
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 01:33:53 AM by danbeaver »
 


Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Re: WTB: Amiga 1200/other in the US.
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2015, 02:10:38 AM »
IMHO that A4000 from @danbeaver sounds like a mighty tasty deal!  You should jump on that if you haven't already.  Hell, I might be interested if I didn't already have way more projects than I have time.  :(  I'll probably look for one in a year or two, at which point they'll have doubled in price again, lol.  ;)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos
 

Online mechy

Re: WTB: Amiga 1200/other in the US.
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2015, 02:42:07 AM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;781452
IMHO that A4000 from @danbeaver sounds like a mighty tasty deal!  You should jump on that if you haven't already.  Hell, I might be interested if I didn't already have way more projects than I have time.  :(  I'll probably look for one in a year or two, at which point they'll have doubled in price again, lol.  ;)

 i agree, much further ahead with the 4000! price seems fair to me too.
 

Offline danbeaver

  • Lifetime Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Mar 2012
  • Posts: 2459
  • Total likes: 1
Re: WTB: Amiga 1200/other in the US.
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2015, 02:54:48 AM »
Well to be fair, I was going to stiff him with a keyboard whose keys needed retr0briteing and a Cocolino based optical mouse for another $50, and shipping for for both the Amiga and Keyboard would run $60 USD.  

So for just plain ole' retro gaming I suggested a back track to the original post for an A1200.
 

Offline danbeaver

  • Lifetime Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Mar 2012
  • Posts: 2459
  • Total likes: 1
Re: WTB: Amiga 1200/other in the US.
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2015, 02:58:30 AM »
Sadly for me, I saw one of the Dell's ST2420 monitors on icBay for $70 plus $20 shipping and bought it with a $19 sound bar in between scribbling the posts above.  At 1920 X 1080 and syncing to 15kHz they really produce a nice picture in a small form factor.
 

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Re: WTB: Amiga 1200/other in the US.
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2015, 08:48:12 AM »
Quote from: danbeaver;781456
Sadly for me, I saw one of the Dell's ST2420 monitors on icBay for $70 plus $20 shipping and bought it with a $19 sound bar in between scribbling the posts above.  At 1920 X 1080 and syncing to 15kHz they really produce a nice picture in a small form factor.

Ha, so no sale on the A4K?  I'll probably be hitting you up in a couple years, lol.  ;)

On the monitor front, I always preferred 4:3 for my Amigas.  Got one of these on it's way to me now, for testing  :)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dell.com%2Fdownloads%2Femea%2Fproducts%2Fsnp%2FUltraSharp%25202007FP_EN.pdf&ei=WTiyVKnqFIHnsAScx4DgDA&usg=AFQjCNH53XEU--57HSAxoYzeBz2akI3hbQ&sig2=iLQzUgeuP-bvMG7WUiqtnw&bvm=bv.83339334,d.cWc
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos
 

Offline amiga76

Re: WTB: Amiga 1200/other in the US.
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2015, 09:56:16 AM »
still haven't decided between the two to be honest...that 1200 looks rough!
 

Offline danbeaver

  • Lifetime Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Mar 2012
  • Posts: 2459
  • Total likes: 1
Re: WTB: Amiga 1200/other in the US.
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2015, 01:21:51 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;781470
Ha, so no sale on the A4K?  I'll probably be hitting you up in a couple years, lol.  ;)

On the monitor front, I always preferred 4:3 for my Amigas.  Got one of these on it's way to me now, for testing  :)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dell.com%2Fdownloads%2Femea%2Fproducts%2Fsnp%2FUltraSharp%25202007FP_EN.pdf&ei=WTiyVKnqFIHnsAScx4DgDA&usg=AFQjCNH53XEU--57HSAxoYzeBz2akI3hbQ&sig2=iLQzUgeuP-bvMG7WUiqtnw&bvm=bv.83339334,d.cWc

Won't you need a magnifying glass to view that tiny 20" monitor, and I  repurpose my monitors for use with my Roku for movies, so 4:3  lacks the "full fairyland effect."
 

Offline amiga76

WTB: Amiga 1200/other in the US.
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2015, 06:53:32 AM »
Still looking!

I might be interested in a 500 also if available.

All i'd be using it for is games and maybe some midi/music activity if i get to integrate it in a studio environment.....but mostly nostalgia gaming :)
 

Offline danbeaver

  • Lifetime Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Mar 2012
  • Posts: 2459
  • Total likes: 1
Re: WTB: Amiga 1200/other in the US.
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2015, 12:16:21 PM »
There are always a ton of A500's on eBay in various shapes; the states (USA) favored the A500 and Europe the A1200.
 

Offline danbeaver

  • Lifetime Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Mar 2012
  • Posts: 2459
  • Total likes: 1
Re: WTB: Amiga 1200/other in the US.
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2015, 01:00:48 PM »
In fact Amazon has a working A500 for $150
 

Offline fordp

Re: WTB: Amiga 1200/other in the US.
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2015, 02:47:09 PM »
I have an A500, Rev5 mobo, ROM 1.3 (or ROM1.2 if you prefer), A501, 1MB Agnus, in a box, waiting on a sale that didn't happen. I could part with it, PM me if you're interested.