Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MorphOS WiFi  (Read 4166 times)

Description:

Offline spaceman88Topic starter

• Show only replies by spaceman88
MorphOS WiFi
« on: September 13, 2014, 05:41:32 PM »
I decided to try MorphOS for the first time yesterday. I have an iBook 1.33 gHz G4. It found my wifi router when I booted off the CD (before the install). If I open OWB it says "unable to resolve host name" and when I look in the settings there is no router listed and it doesn't work with my ethernet cable either. Also , is there a way of turning the laptop off in software or do I just hold down on the power button?
Thanks, en

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
Re: MorphOS WiFi
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 09:34:38 PM »
Quote from: spaceman88;772933
I decided to try MorphOS for the first time yesterday. I have an iBook 1.33 gHz G4. It found my wifi router when I booted off the CD (before the install). If I open OWB it says "unable to resolve host name" and when I look in the settings there is no router listed and it doesn't work with my ethernet cable either. Also , is there a way of turning the laptop off in software or do I just hold down on the power button?
Thanks, en

You can turn it off from Ambient menu (Shutdown) and there is C:ShutDown command, too.

To enable networking do you have correct interface enabled in Network settings? I have wl0 interface enabled (under bcm43xx_wl.device:0) and there I have connected to my home WLAN. Just click on "Connect..." and it asks your password.

For ethernet cable you must have eth0 interface enabled. I dont know if they are enabled by default and not sure what differences there are in iBook. But on my Mac Mini it iss just matter of enabling wireless (wl0) interface.

You might also want to use wireless screenbar module. Right click on screen depth arrangment button to enable modules.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 09:37:12 PM by itix »
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline spaceman88Topic starter

• Show only replies by spaceman88
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 06:03:16 PM »
Quote from: itix;772948
You can turn it off from Ambient menu (Shutdown) and there is C:ShutDown command, too.

To enable networking do you have correct interface enabled in Network settings? I have wl0 interface enabled (under bcm43xx_wl.device:0) and there I have connected to my home WLAN. Just click on "Connect..." and it asks your password.

For ethernet cable you must have eth0 interface enabled. I dont know if they are enabled by default and not sure what differences there are in iBook. But on my Mac Mini it iss just matter of enabling wireless (wl0) interface.

You might also want to use wireless screenbar module. Right click on screen depth arrangment button to enable modules.

Well I was able to find my router in the network settings and clicked on "connect". The little red dot next to the router name turned green. When I go back to OWB still no luck.

Offline Yasu

• Show only replies by Yasu
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 06:26:16 PM »
You might need to save and reboot.