Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Redrumloa rocks all kinds of socks  (Read 5820 times)

Description:

Offline save2600

• Show only replies by save2600
Re: Redrumloa rocks all kinds of socks
« Reply #59 from previous page: March 19, 2009, 08:01:02 PM »

Glaucus wrote:
I can turn that around and say that if you love the A4000 so much you'd be willing to pay top dollar for it. I know I did when I bought it.

Nope sorry, can't relate. I love sex too, but would NEVER pay for it  ;-)  Contextually speaking, top dollar or "bargain basement". lol   And no, we're not going to get into how expensive it is maintaining a human relationship these days...  the Amiga habit would clearly win  :lol:

What I am saying is that people can value something without always having to stick a monetary price on it. Just because I would not pay "top dollar" for something does not mean I intrinsically value it any less.

Offline Glaucus

• Show only replies by Glaucus
    • http://members.shaw.ca/mveroukis/
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2009, 08:52:30 PM »

terminator4 wrote:
However, I highly doubt RED is a a.org heavyweight.  Just b/c he posts a lot doesn't mean s**t.  
You could be very stupid and posting a lot - does that mean you're some expert heavyweight?
I think you're mistaking my comment to mean that he's some kind of super Amiga expert, like Dave Haynie or something. No, I said Amiga.org heavyweight, as in this forum. I'm sure he knows his Amiga stuff, but that's not what I was saying. As for A.org, the guy has been around for ever, has the respect of many people and has earned the position of moderator. Does he have his off days? Yes. Does he say things that many disagree with? Yes. I've gotten into flame wars with him many times, but that's beside the point. Even though I think his judgment may be skewed on some issues, I believe he's the type that strives to always do the right thing. I guess what I'm saying is that I have a good level of trust for the guy and think it's sad to see him driven away like that. However, for this community it's par for the course.
YOU ARE NOT IMMUNE

Offline Fester

• Show only replies by Fester
    • http://www.rdmsnippets.com
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2009, 09:00:24 PM »

save2600 wrote:
What I am saying is that people can value something without always having to stick a monetary price on it.

Yes, me too. I like Amigas cheap and expensive. I just like'em. But it's certainly also true that monetary value can help preserve them because like previous people have said, it's an incentive to sell them instead of destroying them. I can't argue with that.

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2009, 09:03:59 PM »

Glaucus wrote:

terminator4 wrote:
However, I highly doubt RED is a a.org heavyweight.  Just b/c he posts a lot doesn't mean s**t.  
You could be very stupid and posting a lot - does that mean you're some expert heavyweight?
I think you're mistaking my comment to mean that he's some kind of super Amiga expert, like Dave Haynie or something. No, I said Amiga.org heavyweight, as in this forum. I'm sure he knows his Amiga stuff, but that's not what I was saying. As for A.org, the guy has been around for ever, has the respect of many people and has earned the position of moderator. Does he have his off days? Yes. Does he say things that many disagree with? Yes. I've gotten into flame wars with him many times, but that's beside the point. Even though I think his judgment may be skewed on some issues, I believe he's the type that strives to always do the right thing. I guess what I'm saying is that I have a good level of trust for the guy and think it's sad to see him driven away like that. However, for this community it's par for the course.

It wasn't always that way, but a few bad (more holy than thou) apples can ruin the whole barrel.

I am amazed that there are more than just one or two here that don't understand the economics that determine what the "value" of a THING is.  Sellers can price items all day long as high as a kite, but if no one buys it, that high price is not it's value.  Buyers determine the value, period.

Also, those who preach their morals to others should also not be the first to throw stones (personal attacks).
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline Glaucus

• Show only replies by Glaucus
    • http://members.shaw.ca/mveroukis/
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2009, 10:04:44 PM »

smerf wrote:

OK, which one of you dumb fraks ran off red, just purchased some items off of him and it all worked great.
Ha, classic smerf! At least we can say we're on the same side for once!  :-)
YOU ARE NOT IMMUNE

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2009, 10:36:01 PM »
Hi,

@Glaucus

Hey how is my old Canadian friend doing?

Haven't seen a post from you in ages, How is Canada, I moved up to Pennsyltucky and am living amongst a bunch of damn yankees. Man they are worse than Canadians. (Never thought I would say that did you?)

Mostly

I agree with you for once.

Have a nice Canadian day?

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline smerf

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2009, 10:47:00 PM »
Hi,

@Amigadave

Looky here,

Reds comment of "Way to Cheeeap) could of meant several different things like:

1. Wow are you getting a good deal
2. The seller is sure being a nice guy
3. The seller is a blooming idiot
4. Darn that is a good price
5. The buyer is robbing you

When I read the post, I took it for "wow what a deal"

You probably interpited it for:

The seller is an idiot or the buyer is robbing you blind

Either way, it is all opinion and we all know what opinions are, in case you don't know here is the old saying

Opinions are like classholes and they all stink

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

Offline smerf

« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2009, 11:02:28 PM »
Hi,

@murple

Read my post to Amigadave

I have known Red for about 10 years, bought a lot of stuff from him, all I can say is that he is cheaper than a lot of Amiga dealers out there who are still charging top dollar for the Amiga stuff, but to accuse him of charging higher prices than he should is absurd. He owns a business, he takes time to find, get his sellers price, store than sell what he has.

I am not his friend or an associate with him, I am just a buyer, if I like his price, I buy, if I don't like his price I go else where.

Red has freedom of speech, and he said something that could be translated into several different terms, the morons that accused him didn't even ask which term he meant. You just accused him. Sure when under attack, he tried to fight back, his business and life were being put under attack by a bunch of morons that never even asked to cheap in what way. Once again read my post to Amigadave.

smerf

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2009, 11:10:58 PM »
@smerf,

I think you should read my posts again, as all of them were intended to point out that those who "Jumped On" Red because of THEIR interpretation of his three word sentence, were totally out of line IMHO.

When I read that other thread I took Red's "too cheap" posting exactly as he later described it and nothing more.

If I had been attacked so swiftly and viciously without being asked the meaning of my posting, I probably would have reacted in much the same manner that Red did.

Offline smerf

« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2009, 11:18:28 PM »
Hi,

@Amigadave,

OOPS!

Been so long that I read that posting I thought you were one of the attackers, glad you agree with me. I didn't even think nothing of Reds post when I first read it. I was still looking for something ridiculous that Red would have said. I was totally disappointed, because I couldn't flame on at Red. (I do like to flame on you know, it is my signature). Anyhow sorry if I accused you of something you didn't do. Let me go back and read that post. I am sure we will have something to flame on about.

smerf

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2009, 11:23:04 PM »
@smerf,

It is a very long and ridiculous read, if you read the whole thread, then read all of this thread.

Offline smerf

« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2009, 12:08:28 AM »
Hi,

@Tension

You ever been to school, you ever study business, that is the nature of business, buy cheap, sell high, you have overhead, you have storage costs etc.

Second Who said Red liked us?

He has a business, I buy because I like his price, no more no less. You want friends, go fishing. You want to enhance your living buy cheap sell at a higher price but lower than your competitors.

Give Red a break, I admire him for his prices, yes some of his stuff is high, but I am a shopper, I buys what I likes, no more no less.

If Red says something I don't like I flame him likes I flames everybody else, but I still believe Red is a good businessman, and I respect him for what he does, after all he helps support my Amiga habit.

smerf

Offline Firedawg

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Firedawg
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2009, 12:41:32 AM »
"You want friends, go fishing."   :roflmao:  :roflmao:
Amiga 4000T/60 - A2000/60 - 1200T/60, Soldered Up 3 x Minimig 1.1, Mac Mini 1.5 Running MacOSX/MOS 2.7-Registered

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2009, 01:19:21 AM »
@smerf,

Tension, Murple, save2600, arkanoid, and a few others seem to think that it is immoral and deviously wrong for anyone to buy Amiga gear low and then resell it to Amiga users at a higher price.  Specially if they find it for free, or very low cost and make a good profit because the item is worth a few hundred dollars on eBay.  They seem to act as if such a person is a criminal and has wronged the Amiga community and is responsible for artificially manipulating Amiga gear prices, which is ridiculous.  Where is it written that a person is immoral if he does not choose to give away, or sell for a huge percentage less than what the
"Market Price" is for an Amiga item he has found for free, or at very low cost?  I am sure Red has spent thousands over the years buying Amiga gear that was sometimes difficult to find, and has done the community a great service by putting such gear back into the community.  Why shouldn't he be entitled to make as much money as he can for his time and effort?

It is silly how some people rave about how great Amiga computers are and how much they love them and what their collection is worth to them and then complain all the time about the prices of such limited quantity, or sometimes rare equipment.

Some of them attacked Red for being a moderator here, without a single example of him abusing such power, but only on the grounds that he is also an Amiga reseller.  I guess they would expect him to go sell his Amiga gear on a Windows forum (sarcasm intended). Or they think that it is immoral for an Amiga reseller to also help out the community by serving as a moderator, as they surely spouted a lot of crap about what is morally right and wrong along with their character attacks on Red.

I know that I should have probably just backed away from this topic, but the whole mess has really pi$$ed me off and I have seen little to no remorse from those who acted completely inappropriately toward Red with their personal attacks and those who continue to try to force their view on how Amiga gear should, or should not be valued and priced, as well as what should be accepted as morally right and wrong in this community, if not in every one of our personal lives.  It is all a load of "holy" bull crap and I just couldn't sit by and keep quiet any longer.

So come on and flame me, you idiots!

For the rest, sorry for the rant.

Offline ZeBeeDee

• Show only replies by ZeBeeDee
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2009, 01:41:09 AM »
To err is human ... to BOING divine!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2009, 02:09:19 AM »
This has gone on long enough gentlemen.  It's readily apparent to me that no matter what, some of you won't be happy until there's NO ONE (including probably me) trying to actively support this community.

When that happens, I wish you the best of luck.

(click says the lock on this thread)

Wayne