Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Redrumloa rocks all kinds of socks  (Read 5821 times)

Description:

Offline ffastback

• Show only replies by ffastback
Re: Redrumloa rocks all kinds of socks
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2009, 04:43:45 AM »

Plaz wrote:

I imply you're doing some thing wrong while I can totally deny implying you're doing some thing wrong. Some make an art form of this type of conversation. Others more sensitive than you and I take offense. Those more callus then say "get over it", clearly knowing it's an annoyance to the more sensitive. These types claim to be more adult and sophisticated while in reality they're just praticing a more advanced form of pettiness.

The point is that no one told Red to leave, no one asked him to leave.  Plenty of folks defended him.  Some others who offended him (whether he should have been or not) apologized.  If Red is the "more sensitive" type I hardly got that impression from his posts.  Everyone can talk about this until they are blue in the face.  But Red can come back whenever he wants.  And no one is sitting here waiting to make it hard on him if he does from what I can tell.  And its pretty clear that even if that was the case he'd have plenty of defenders, not that he seemed to need any. He in fact seemed perfectly capable of speaking his mind bluntly in the first place.

He's also still in business, and the point of this thread was someone praising his business.  God bless.

Offline Claw22000

• Show only replies by Claw22000
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2009, 07:13:59 AM »
Wow and I thought all Amigians played nice.  Seems that whole mess was pretty uncalled for all around.  And I'm a completely unbiased opinion.  All people were eventually in the wrong.  From all my life experiences when things escalate to that level its best to just walk away.  Because you should let someone you don't even know have that kind of power over you.  There's all sorts of people that will spend hours trying to make you feel bad about something.  They have no power if you don't listen.

Claw

Claw
A1200/3.1Rom/60GigHD/2MBChip/64MBFast/ACA123028Mhz/WiFiMA401/ClassicWBv26w
CD32/SX1/30GigHD/2MBChip/ClassicWBv26w/3.1OS/SX1 isn\'t allowing fast ram :(

Offline Plaz

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2009, 09:43:35 PM »
The point is that no one told Red to leave, no one asked him to leave.

Yes, that's your point, not mine. I'm making a completly different one that you're missing or choosing to ignore. Instead of addressing my point, you're still stuck on Red bashing.

Plaz

Offline Plaz

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2009, 09:45:05 PM »
Wow and I thought all Amigians played nice.

I think we all make our best efforts, but this is earth populated by the same 'ol flawed human bunch isn't it?  :-)

Plaz

Offline amiga4ever

• Show only replies by amiga4ever
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2009, 11:09:54 PM »
I remember speaking to Red, on IRC, and him suggesting he was thinking of quitting his Amiga business. This was a long time before the infamous thread which people are blaming.

At the end of the day, Red made his own decision and people here who are trying to "outcast" certain members of this board for giving their opinion to Red are exhibiting a "clique" mentality. Which, imo, is just as bad.

Now let sleeping dogs, well, sleep.

Offline amiga4ever

• Show only replies by amiga4ever
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2009, 11:20:00 PM »
He has also talked of starting his own site with much tighter control of the membership.

Yeh, I heard about this also. TBH, that sounds like a horrible site and I would not want to be a part of it. The jest of it would be: "This site is tightly controlled by Red and anything said, or anyone he dislikes will not be a part of it".

No thank you.

Rightly or wrongly, what was said in that thread was an expression of people's opinions. I value the right to that expression more than trying not to upset a single individual. Which is why I prefer to stay here, at amiga.org...even if that means maybe someone saying something I do not like.

Offline CLS2086

• Show only replies by CLS2086
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2009, 10:00:26 PM »
Jim/Red is a true gentleman...
Keep the Faith !
VG 5000/A1000/500/500+/600/2000/CDTV/1200PPC-GREX/1200PPC -ATEO-BV/4060D/CD32/Aone/Peg 1/Peg2 G4/ various funny machines too  :-) http://www.mo5.com/collection/index.php?pseudo=CLS2086
I also repair drives of our old beloved Amiga

Offline Bezzen

• Show only replies by Bezzen
    • http://www.streammountain.se
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2009, 10:55:13 PM »
Yup, he does.

:bow:

Offline delshay

• Show only replies by delshay
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2009, 12:39:10 AM »
it seems im missing something here

who has p*** him off?

why?

what is the reason behind all this?
-------------
power is nothing without control

Offline Jose

• Show only replies by Jose
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2009, 01:15:17 AM »
I think Red will be back, just like the 1st time he left. Can't remember why that was anymore:)... But this one just seems not worth it to leave, I think he's just pissed and will realize it just doesn't make sense to leave because of this.
Hell, who doesn't want to make a couple of bucks on eBay, specially these days. If the seller didn't do it it was his decision, it's not like eBay is a big scret nowdays...

\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"

Offline Tension

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2009, 01:27:33 AM »
What a load of bollocks.

IMO He inflated hardware prices by charging other users more to fulfil his "mark-up".  To make money from others.   How can you ever say something is "too cheap"

Read this for instance.  Here is the link because everyone else wont post it for some strange reason...

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39684

BTW: It`s nothing personal!! I`ve never bought anything off Red, but I firmly believe it is wrong to buy cheap and sell high when amongst people you like.  It`s like {bleep}ting in your own nest.

Plus he did behave like a {bleep} in the aformentioned thread.

Offline Firedawg

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Firedawg
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2009, 02:27:58 AM »
@Tension

I disagree with your contention that Red intentionally priced his products higher to individuals he thought to be friends or as you say it "amongst people you like."(ie A.Org folks).  I ask you, have you or anybody here been forced to do business with Red?  I think the answer most likely will be no, so who paid these higher prices?  Only a buyer can be blamed for buying, not the seller. :roll:  

As for Red's comments in the aforementioned thread that you referenced, IMO Red in no way behaved out of line given the comments that were made to him and about him. Red's comments were made in total self defense.    

It's nothing personal Tension, but you need to clean your own nest.

The Dawg
Amiga 4000T/60 - A2000/60 - 1200T/60, Soldered Up 3 x Minimig 1.1, Mac Mini 1.5 Running MacOSX/MOS 2.7-Registered

Offline Twin

• Show only replies by Twin
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2009, 03:50:00 AM »

Tension wrote:
I firmly believe it is wrong to buy cheap and sell high when amongst people you like.  It`s like {bleep}ting in your own nest.

I rarely post, but want to here.

I'm sorry, but what you write above is an absolute load of manure, seriously - if you're running a business, you're doing it to make a living, why in the name of whoever you believe is holy would you not sell for the maximum or market price!?!?!?!?

I have no idea who redrumloa is, I can gather he runs a business selling C= and Amiga related goods that he sources. I don't think he's a hobbyist selling the odd hard drive...

Because he likes his customers he should sell at an incredibly cheap price and hamstring himself?

I might enjoy selling televisions for example and like the customers who come into my store, should I then sell for cost + $20 when the retail price is cost + $200?

How about you take a pay cut because you like your boss?

This is a bit of a rant but meh, some crap really pisses me off.

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2009, 04:51:41 AM »

Firedawg wrote:
@Tension

I disagree with your contention that Red intentionally priced his products higher to individuals he thought to be friends or as you say it "amongst people you like."(ie A.Org folks).  I ask you, have you or anybody here been forced to do business with Red?  I think the answer most likely will be no, so who paid these higher prices?  Only a buyer can be blamed for buying, not the seller. :roll:  

As for Red's comments in the aforementioned thread that you referenced, IMO Red in no way behaved out of line given the comments that were made to him and about him. Red's comments were made in total self defense.    

It's nothing personal Tension, but you need to clean your own nest.

The Dawg

I don't know how I missed all this CRAP until now, but I just finished reading all of both threads and it almost made me sick, but considering the members who posted and their past postings, it doesn't really surprise me.

I have to agree with you 100% Dawg!

I am no fan of Red, nor have I ever bought anything from him that I can remember.  If I did, it must have gone smoothly, or I would have remembered any problem.  Considering years of past postings from all the involved parties, it is not difficult for me to believe that Red made his initial comment as a "knee jerk reaction" to what he thought about the price, without any further devious intention.  I can't be so kind to dozens of other messages in that thread.

Very sad.  Makes a person think twice about continuing to visit here.  I wish a different moderator had stepped in and stopped it at the very first character attack.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline Painkiller

• Show only replies by Painkiller
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2009, 07:53:56 AM »
Yep Red is the man! I hope he well eventually return to this site.

Offline bigmac

• Show only replies by bigmac
« Reply #44 from previous page: March 19, 2009, 11:23:41 AM »
@all

Right guys and gals methinks its time to move on and close this  thread. Who'll second this motion.
 :-)
:-D[color=CC0000]Why do we make the seemingly simple more complicated?[/color][/b]