Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FS: Blizzard 2060  (Read 10495 times)

Description:

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
Re: FS: Blizzard 2060
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2008, 08:20:13 PM »

save2600 wrote:
Red,

In response to you {bleep}ing about not getting rich and this NOT being an easy venture for you... do you really think you are helping a community out by buying low and selling high to *it*?  

What the hell are you talking about? Again with the redrumloa is rich bit :lol: My kids have the right to eat the same as you kids, if you have kids. Again, anyone who thinks I am getting fabulously rich and what I am doing is so incredibly easy is a strange bird indeed. If it is so easy, why aren't YOU doing it for a more "community friendly" price? You too can get rich, but being more "fair".

Also you are still going on like I am buying single items from a discussion forum to mark them up on eBay. I can guarantee this is pure fantasy.

-edit-
Just re-read your post, did you edit it? I got a slightly different message second time around. I enjoy using and selling retro parts usually, except the rare times when people who are jealous or whatever start making wild accusations. The vast majority of my customers appreciate the service I provide. I do it for that reason, but I also believe in making a return on my investments.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline save2600

• Show only replies by save2600
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2008, 08:25:37 PM »
Quote from Red:

'Nope, you are exactly the type of person who would buy an item, get it in perfect condition at the price clearly listed, and then leave an anonymous poor star rating because you felt you paid too much. You've made it very clear what you think. I don't need customers like that, it harms my ability to do business.'

Red - that's total 100% BS. You do not know me and I would NEVER conduct myself that way to anyone - ever. You extrapolated something here that is totally out of line. It's sad you would lump me in with so many ePay {bleep}s these days. Same kind of stuff happens to me and I am not the kind of person to give someone a bad time there.

The reality of it is this... honestly, I've always thought of you as someone much like myself. Somewhat of a hobbyist that falls into things. Like to tinker, play around for a while and then resell with an MO that would allow me to further invest in whatever hobby. That's by and large, the main difference though and you've made that apparent. Me selling a few Amiga items here and there ain't gonna pay the bills. Nor would I ever devote that much time trying to get them to pay the bills. A lifestyle choice I guess. I watch your auctions and I've watched your posts from the late 90's to now. I know I've bought stuff from you before. These last couple of years though, I have witnessed a slightly different mentality. Not sure what the deal is (besides some of the obvious), but you're starting to show your true colours. Whatever the excuse is, whatever may be going on in your personal life. Fine. Whatever.

If you think it's appropriate to hijack someone's response in an unprofessional way - knowing full well many look to you for goods, then fine. Just don't be surprised if it starts happening to your posts. Most here respect you though. Enough at least, to let you and your fantastic prices be.  

This thread has totally gotten out of hand. Can we just agree to disagree here? Sorry if you feel you're being picked on (probably hasn't happened in a while and you're uber defensive now) but I'm sure you're a big boy. Especially since you've got 9000 posts under your belt. Or are my calculations wrong? lol  Sorry - couldn't resist.  

Happy frickin' New Year Red! May you continue to be so prosperous selling Commie stuff in 2009.  :-)

Offline Nostalgiac

• Show only replies by Nostalgiac
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2008, 08:34:53 PM »
Quiet you two - it's New Years eve !

People ask and pay whatever they want.

Tom UK
2000/2060/128mb/2320/2gb/C64-3D/Hydra-Aminet on OS 3.9

c128/1541/1750/1351 with Dolphin Dos and eprom burner

Offline Damion

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2008, 08:36:37 PM »
For those who missed out and are still looking for an A2K 060 card (or any other amiga gear really), the next few months should be more "buyer oriented" on ebay for those who have the cash to burn. This year may even be better than last, considering the market crash... and for US buyers, we don't have to worry (as much) about the Europeans buying all our gear for mere pesos. ;-)

Last January-ish, several A2K 060 cards sold for around the $300US mark - very irksome for me, as by summer they were back up to $500-600, when I was finally looking. :lol: IIRC I paid around $400 for my TekMagic (cheers amigadave!). Seems ridiculous for old hardware, but the fun is 100% worth it.

Offline ffastback

• Show only replies by ffastback
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2008, 08:37:35 PM »
Also you are still going on like I am buying single items from a discussion forum to mark them up on eBay. I can guarantee this is pure fantasy.

In theory though the higher others sell them for the better you can justify a similar price for when you next sell such an item.  In that vein of thinking its in your interest to keep market prices high.  So long as that price point does not infect your bulk supply chain.

The above is not any type of accusation.  I just think this is the point more that was trying to be made by the other posters.

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2008, 08:42:20 PM »
These last couple of years though, I have witnessed a slightly different mentality. Not sure what the deal is (besides some of the obvious), but you're starting to show your true colours. Whatever the excuse is, whatever may be going on in your personal life. Fine. Whatever.

Starting to show my true colors? You keep thinking that if it makes you feel better. I sleep good at night, real good. I have never ripped off a single person, period. They know what I am offering, period. They know they will get what is offered in the condition offered. They know if something goes wrong, I make it right even at a loss. Has anything changed over the years? No, not really. On the selling side I am exactly the same, only my packing material quality has gone up.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline arkanoid

• Show only replies by arkanoid
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2008, 09:08:00 PM »

redrumloa wrote:
Starting to show my true colors? You keep thinking that if it makes you feel better. I sleep good at night, real good. I have never ripped off a single person, period. They know what I am offering, period. They know they will get what is offered in the condition offered. They know if something goes wrong, I make it right even at a loss. Has anything changed over the years? No, not really. On the selling side I am exactly the same, only my packing material quality has gone up.

Perhaps the change Save2600 senses is that you're applying a more "professional" approach - what with the increased quality in packaging and (if I'm not mistaken) your recent opening of an official eBay Store? I've never purchased from you and never would at your prices but, from what I can gather, you seem to have a good reputation as a seller. If your intentions are to evolve your "business" into something like the American equivalent of Amigakit, then great! Your current rep. should be a good foundation to build on and the premium you charge (as Amigakit do) to cover the costs involved in a more professional outfit  would be fully justified and valued by many.

I think you just need to be a little more sensible and realize that not everyone in the Amiga community is running a business based on it. You can't and shouldn't want to compete with transactions between enthusiasts, otherwise you'll annoy people who will only see your intervention in terms of what ffastback outlined above.

Do your business a favour by taking a leaf out of Amigakit's book and try not to compete on the same level as transactions between individual enthusiasts. Amigakit justify their prices by offering outstanding service and professional guarantees which they're known to honour, not by piping in on personal For Sale threads and basically moaning that the seller is selling cheaper than they do.

Whether that was what you were doing or not, doesn't really matter. That's the way it will be interpreted.
Peg2/G4/MorphOS
Amiga A1200/060

Offline Firedawg

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Firedawg
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2008, 09:23:58 PM »
Gentlemen,

Let it go.  Buying selling is an event when one persons asking price is met with anothers willingness to accept the price asked.  Which is what occurred between AllocVec and Save2600, and by the way Save2600 congrats on getting a great card and to AllocVec for getting what you asked for the card.  

I have bought several items from redrumloa and have been very please with the expeditious and quality packaging of the items and the price paid.  I would not hesitate to do business with Red in the future.

So, I see two folks happy about a sale, and another who made a comment about the price based on past sales of that item (or similar) that went for much more.  Nothing personal at all, just my perception.

My two cents - (I do believe that is a fair price) :lol:
Amiga 4000T/60 - A2000/60 - 1200T/60, Soldered Up 3 x Minimig 1.1, Mac Mini 1.5 Running MacOSX/MOS 2.7-Registered

Offline save2600

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2008, 09:53:11 PM »
Thanks Firedawg, I look forward to playing around with this card and hope it breathes new life into my A2000!

-D- said it perfectly in his observation that these types of cards HAVE gone for much less at different times of the year. And they have. What I paid is somewhere in the middle to be sure.

I cannot remember ever commenting in between a seller and potential buyers on the level that Red did (although I've had something to say once or twice about someone overpaying, especially when I've offered the same thing for less...  lol). Very offensive, especially when someone has been looking for an "affordable" solution. Reminds me of when I was a teenager and my best friend liked the same gal I was rooting around for...  LOL!   There's a phrase for that kind of behaviour...  :madashell:

And 'Arkanoid' is right about my observation of the professionalism. I really don't have it out for Red. Precisely why his unprofessional response left me a little flabbergasted. Have looked upon him as being more of a "high-end" dealer. Great stashes and the like that personally, I have not 'wanted' to afford since gradually becoming an adult with a different set of priorities. Many of us know that sooner or later, much of this stuff can and does find it's way VERY cheaply or 'fairly' into our laps. It's the nature of the hobby. Which is why Red's comment was counterproductive - since it was inserted into a forum where after 9000 posts and all the experience that comes with said posts, he should know was going to be met with many of the responses he received.

Oh well. Time to move forward and enjoy New Years Eve. I've now got a good sized headache that can only be cured by some Hacker Pschorr right about now  :pint:

Cheers all!

Offline reflect

• Show only replies by reflect
    • http://www.acggbg.org
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2008, 10:05:14 PM »
I agree, for a seller this was way out of line, almost rude. It's an attempt to make the seller aware of how much he could have gotten.. but, what you CAN get is often directly linked to your patience..  if you don't want to endure an auction etc, this is quite disappointing, and I expected more. Much more, as I've looked up to redrumloa..
--
These are interesting times we live in. New machines in progress, new AmigaOS in progress.. userbase slowly, slowly growing..  which is a success in itself.

Offline Kin-Hell

• Show only replies by Kin-Hell
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2008, 10:27:10 PM »
After reading all the bollocks in here & for what it's worth, I'm rather glad we have a different Moderator Policy over @ AmiBay.

@ All

I'd just like to point out a couple of things though, which are meant very impartially.

One, as a Moderator, I would have thought it more mature not to price drive, particularly as you are in this market to feed your family. Incidents like this don't bode well for said income! - Word gets around.

Second, just because someone has 2 or 3 thousand posts over someone's 100+ does not make them better people. Indeed, from my experiences on A.org, an awful lot of Fan Boys hang out here with massive post counts & yet just about every post I see them make is flaming someone else's post or calling them a c*nt!

At the end of any day, something is only worth what another is willing to pay, but ass raping the community will only get you in trouble eventually.
Getting 0lder is Mandatory..... Growing up is an option.

Offline save2600

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2008, 10:43:51 PM »
Kin-Hell, since I've "known" you here and on Amibay, you've always been on the fairer sense of things - IMO & that's great.

But too much censorship is not good. With the mild (and somewhat appropriate) censorship such as found here, the community gets a chance to see for themselves who and what people are all about. For better or for worse, whether it's in my favour or not (always hope it is though). We may then better choose who we'd like to trade with. Great example: the feedback ratings on ePay are now meaningless, thanks to their ridiculous new policies. Give me freedom of speech or give me more beer until I am fat, happy and don't give a hoot!  lol

Offline ffastback

• Show only replies by ffastback
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2008, 10:47:29 PM »

Kin-Hell wrote:

Second, just because someone has 2 or 3 thousand posts over someone's 100+ does not make them better people. Indeed, from my experiences on A.org, an awful lot of Fan Boys hang out here with massive post counts & yet just about every post I see them make is flaming someone else's post or calling them a c*nt!

I think red's point was that he is more likely, by the date of his joining here and his post count, that he would likely have a better handle on what the community at large views as fair and decent behavior than someone who may have been less involved and for less time.  Unfortnately his comment immediately after that ("Grow the F up, junior.") might make many readers miss the point I think he was attempting to make.  Whether its a valid point or not I don't think he was saying more posts equals a better person as you say he did.

Offline arkanoid

• Show only replies by arkanoid
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2008, 11:08:26 PM »
ffastback: well, I guess he could have just been saying "hey, I've been around here longer and so have a better sense of what is acceptable behaviour", but I doubt that. Kin-Hell hit the mark I think.

The old "more posts" = "more important" is a common response from people on forums, particularly if they think they're losing an argument. Basically I think he was saying that he's more important and his opinion is of greater value than someone with posts in the 100s. Add to that the fact that he's a mod and, well, anyone that's been around Internet forums (in general) for as long as I have will know exactly how some forum moderators tend to have delusions of grandeur(despite the fact that it's actually the regular USERS who make a forum successful, more so than mods)

but there you go, I'm a junior who hasn't posted as many "eBay For Sale" items...what do I know.
Peg2/G4/MorphOS
Amiga A1200/060

Offline dannyp1

• Show only replies by dannyp1
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2008, 11:09:02 PM »
ReDrum and I have had many disagreements over many things large and small but we remain what I like to think of as friends.  Granted, he has never spoken to me like he has to some of you in this thread.  On the other hand,  I've never spoken to him like you people have.  It's funny how that works, isn't it.  I just made him an offer for an item last week that he chose to ignore.  Do I think any less of him for it?  Of course not.  He and I obviously had a different idea of the items value.  Do I think less of him because we have a different idea of an items value?  Of course not.  How stupid would that be.  Anything I have ever bought from him was exactly as stated in his listing and it arrived to me fast.  I value very highly being able to know what I get from him is what I expected.

As far as blocking bidders, I also do it all the time.  If I even suspect anything, they are blocked.  I have blocked many members of the Org because of attitudes I sense because of their posts.  It's not worth taking a chance of a hassle developing.  A seller has the right to block anybody that they wish for any reason.

Dan

Offline save2600

« Reply #44 from previous page: December 31, 2008, 11:21:02 PM »
IMO - you should think less of anyone that ignores an offer and vice versa. If it was a totally inappropriate offer, you can at least call the guy any one of the colourful metaphors quickly at your disposal OR counteroffer. Ignoring someone is immature to say the least.

Ignoring people via e-mail is a trend that more and more people mistakingly use to their supposed "advantage". It's rude and your parents should have taught you better! lol  So there you have it. A higher standard type of thing. Again. Don't get used to it. It's not acceptable. At least, it should not be acceptable.

In the case of blocking my bids... is pretty fitting as the pieces fall together here. If Red thinks he is "punishing" me by blocking my bids, well - maybe he will be able to sleep that much better at night. lol

Honestly, the only people I have had to block was when I would sell PeeCee or Nintendo stuff. Soooooo many more scammers aligned with those platforms. Yes, I am profiling. It is not a crime. Insurance companies and creditors do it all the time  ;-)