Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Check this A1200 out on ebay (Australia)  (Read 6432 times)

Description:

Offline whitebTopic starter

• Show only replies by whiteb
Check this A1200 out on ebay (Australia)
« on: July 10, 2008, 10:20:02 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/AMIGA-1200-3-1-ROMS-32MB-BLIZZARD-1230-IV-EXPANSION_W0QQitemZ170238195427QQihZ007QQcategoryZ4598QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

He states in the description, "I have seen these go for Over $800.00 on ebay with the lot onboard, so grab a bargain while you can because once the auction is over if not sold a Rare piece of history + expansion board will be destroyed."

And in the Q/A section.

"I have seen these go for Over $800.00 on ebay with the lot onboard, so grab a bargain while you can because once the auction is over if not sold a Rare piece of history + expansion board will be destroyed."

Apparently he also has an A1200 with 8MB expansion for BIN price of AU$350 which according to him will also be "Destroyed" if it doesnt sell.

Now I have seen a fruit loopy sellers but this one takes the cake.  "If it doesnt sell, I'll destroy it"... erm, okay.  :-o
A4000D - CSMKII//128MB/IDE CF/Indivision Scandoubler
A1200
A1000

(And now a Minimig) :>)

Offline adz

• Knight of the Sock
    • Show only replies by adz
Re: Check this A1200 out on ebay (Australia)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 10:35:51 AM »
I've seen this kind of attitude from sellers many times before. Whilst I am a firm believer that people are free to ask whatever they want for something, I don't believe it is right for them to coerce potential buyers with what is effectively blackmail. I for one am not going to be bought by this kind of tripe and as far as I'm concerned he can do what he likes with the item as destroying it only serves to bolster the value of my little collection. As for the seller, the best thing I can think of doing is giving him the good old single finger salute.

Offline ZeBeeDee

• Show only replies by ZeBeeDee
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 10:52:31 AM »
People with attitudes like that are a waste of good breathable O2.

Why not simply give it to a local miggy group if it doesn't sell? I'm sure they'd be grateful of such a donation!

Wih people like him on eBay, is it any wonder it has the reputation it's got???

*addendum*

Just sent the seller a message - quote "So if they don't sell, you are going to have a temper tantrum and break up your toys? awwwwwww diddums!" unquote.
To err is human ... to BOING divine!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline jimbo100

• Show only replies by jimbo100
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 10:56:48 AM »
Yes this guy is a nutter.  I have had some dealings with him on eBay before when he has purchased Amiga stuff.

The other Amiga 1200 he has listed a dozen times with a BIN and not got a bite.  He is that stupid he thinks that if he threatens to smash them up someone will buy them at his over inflated price!

I say have fun smashing them up!

Offline CaptChaos

• Show only replies by CaptChaos
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 11:24:49 AM »
I met this guy, bought a multisync monitor off him for $20 or so, seemed like a decent bloke at the time, he seemed pretty pissed off with ebay as are we all at some point or another. I asked about his 1200s and he mentioned he was selling some. I honestly don't have a clue why he thinks his 1200s are worth so much, I have never seen them go for that much without some kind of PPC card. He also sells on OZTION.

Offline mingle

• Show only replies by mingle
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 11:35:51 AM »
Yeah he's been trying to log those ropey old A1200s for months now.

true that he can try ad sell them for whatever he want's, but all he's doing is wasting his and eBay's time! :-)

Cheers,

Mike.

Offline mingle

• Show only replies by mingle
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 11:36:14 AM »
Yeah he's been trying to flog those ropey old A1200s for months now.

true that he can try ad sell them for whatever he want's, but all he's doing is wasting his and eBay's time! :-)

Cheers,

Mike.

(Oops, double-post!)

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 11:38:31 AM »

CaptChaos wrote:
I met this guy, bought a multisync monitor off him for $20 or so, seemed like a decent bloke at the time, he seemed pretty pissed off with ebay as are we all at some point or another. I asked about his 1200s and he mentioned he was selling some. I honestly don't have a clue why he thinks his 1200s are worth so much, I have never seen them go for that much without some kind of PPC card. He also sells on OZTION.

I got a DiamondView for $15 (For my Scan doubled A4000D), the seller admitted he hoped for $50 considering it cost him $150 to buy, but all he said was 'Oh well, you get that'.

From the replies, seems he is well known.  I just didnt like his 'Threat to Destroy' the A1200's if they dont sell :cry:

I did send him a message asking why he didnt just list them for $50 starting price in a standard auction format, it *WILL* sell for more but have not yet received an answer, but judging by the replies here, i guess I wont be getting one.  Sounds like this guy is one of those who sells the CF <> IDE adapters for like $100 with a card preloaded with 3.5/3.9
A1200
A1000

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 11:40:15 AM »

mingle wrote:
Yeah he's been trying to flog those ropey old A1200s for months now.

Ebay do not care, they still get paid for listing them.  So in respect, he is wasting his time, and his own money.

A1200
A1000

Offline ZeBeeDee

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 02:11:07 PM »
I got a reply to my message to him lol

quote ...

"Auction will still be running when the result comes in from the ACCC about being forced to sell & buy with Paypal only & if it is in ebay's favour they can get stuffed & i will destroy my toy's has you call them!! Well they don't have simpathy from me has i only got them to sell & if i can't then i will destroy them Has they mean nothing to me but in saying that they mean a lot to heaps of amiga fans out there & with them not selling for what i want, not what you's want to pay for them i will destroy them & that means 2 perfect amiga 1200's will not be around & then you will start to pay way over the top for them later on. Don't worry when i destroy them i still have my own left to play with when i need to. + it's not 2 i will destroy i have not listed the 3rd one yet yeah that's right i have 4 of them the best of the best is the one i'm keeping the other 3 are going to sell or be destroyed!!!"

... unquote

Man! that guy is definitely not right in the head.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 02:31:51 PM »
I got a reply too.

[color=00ff00]Your kidding, there is no body left on ebay the buyers Have jumped ship!!! Look at your very,very,very slow sales on ebay these day's, if you don't list the item for what you want you get ripped off because they don't reach the price they should! mini bidding war i don't want & won't get here any more + i'm not being greedy, in a so called mini bidding war you are saying i will get more, well i don't want more BUT i don't want less either!!! Hence reasonable starting bid & better still a BUY IT NOW option! which covers all postage costs. Yeah that's a 4000 big deal i bet you had to add heaps more to it once you got it has well? Don't tell me what to list my items for you don't have to bid & better still don't next time you email me about prices i have listed i will contact ebay & have you suspended has it's got nothing to do with you what i list for!!! [/color]

I mentioned to him that I got my A4000 with Cyberstorm 060 and scan doubler on ebay for $600 plus P&P.
A1200
A1000

Offline CaptChaos

• Show only replies by CaptChaos
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 02:44:42 PM »
what a nut, if he was asking a reasonable price I would understand but he is just asking for way too much.

blizzard mkIV is worth 200 max on evilbay and an unexpanded 1200 usually goes for around 170. An 8meg card is worth around 50. You would always get less if you dont separate.

Offline jimbo100

• Show only replies by jimbo100
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 11:51:33 PM »
I see the BIN price has dropped!

Offline ZeBeeDee

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2008, 12:06:35 AM »

jimbo100 wrote:
I see the BIN price has dropped!

He must have visited here and read the thread  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline AmigaHeretic

• Show only replies by AmigaHeretic
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2008, 08:27:35 AM »
There is only one threat he could make in his advertisment that could make him sell his A1200s faster.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g2AU3HiM5A

:-o  :-o  :-o
A3000D (16mhz, 2MB Chip, 4MB Fast, SCSI (300+MB), SuperGen Genlock, Kick 3.1)
Back in my day, we didn\'t have water. We only had Oxygen and Hydrogen, and we\'d just have to shove them together.