Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Please stop copying Starfighter.  (Read 6814 times)

Description:

Offline zhulien

• Show only replies by zhulien
    • http://zhulien.kicks-ass.net/
Re: Please stop copying Starfighter.
« Reply #89 from previous page: January 07, 2008, 08:21:07 AM »
I've never even heard of that game before your post... but... it appears the Amiga World is totally full of idiots with a double standard.  If you don't like piracy and you stick by your word, great.  If you are a pirate, just f***ing admit it.  Don't say it's bad to copy Amiga software but ok to pirate C64 software!  My core business for many years was selling original 8 bit software - well after the 8 bit computer demise.  One thing I hate in this World are Amiga users with a double standard!

Offline Hodgkinson

• Show only replies by Hodgkinson
    • http://www.myspace.com/em_radiation *****and ***** www.booni.info
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2008, 08:14:46 PM »
Right. I've found the file in WB3.0:S/ and altered it for the WB3.0: system drive.

Next problem: The RAD drive boot priority (0) is lower than that of the system drive (5). Any ideas how I can patch the game to give the RAD drive a higher boot priority, say, 6?

Then: Running the game by forcing the RAD drive to boot with the boot menu, without any patches at this point in time, keeps on generating "File not found" errors. Inspecting with SnoopDOS revels that, for some reason, that the "Executeable" is looking in the root of the drive that Starfighter is installed to for the program files, rather than in the drawer where Starfighter is installed to. (Eg, OTHER:geologo/geologo.001 rather than OTHER:Starfighter/geologo/geologo.001)

In order to try to fix this, I've applied the SF_PATCH1_Redux.lha patch to the game (The original uploaded file diddn't extract for me, either).
Having updated the files, the "executeable" is reported as being non-executeable!  :crazy:

Ideas? (DrewFX, a walk-through of the patches would be appreciated! PS. I substituted a few files into where Starfighter was looking for them and I must say it looks like a really nice game...)

I'd also like to patch the clickstop util that I have into the Starfighter startup if theres enough chipram left.

Hodgkinson.
Main A1200D: WB3.0, 3.1 ROMs, 2GB HDD, Blizzard 1230IV (64MB RAM + FPU) and a whole load of custom heatsinks... :flame:

Offline Hodgkinson

• Show only replies by Hodgkinson
    • http://www.myspace.com/em_radiation *****and ***** www.booni.info
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2008, 05:31:18 PM »
:bump:
Main A1200D: WB3.0, 3.1 ROMs, 2GB HDD, Blizzard 1230IV (64MB RAM + FPU) and a whole load of custom heatsinks... :flame: