Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Blatent price fixing on Amiga Ebay Auction  (Read 1825 times)

Description:

Offline prowler

• Show all replies
Re: Blatent price fixing on Amiga Ebay Auction
« on: June 07, 2005, 02:38:51 PM »
I also had that item in my watch list though I forgot about it. When I went to have a look at how much it ended at I was a bit surprised how much it went for.

I remember when they first came out back in the days when shops like Grace Brothers still sold Amigas and Amiga software. At the time it felt like you kept tripping of CDTVs where ever you went :). How times have changed. I am after a basic accel for my 1200 after the old one died but finding them in Australia is not easy and the few I have seen on EBay tend to go for very high prices. It's a pain finding legacy hardware down here.

Offline prowler

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 10:29:25 AM »

Darklight wrote:
@ prowler

I know what you mean!  I remember buying our A500 from Grace Bros.  :lol: I also remember gradually finding less and less Amiga stuff on the shelves  :-( That was where I got heaps of games though.....they were all marked down to $5.00 each by the time Commodore went bust  :-D Now that Grace Bros. has been replaced by a Medicare office  :-o  

At the time this was happening I was a poor starving student and 5$ was a lot for me those days. It makes me wish I started stocking up on legacy AMiga HW and SW before the whole Retro craze kicked in since second hand Amiga items were cheaper/easier to pick up then, now the prices as well as the availability are not so good.

I spent many hours as a school student drooling over the Amiga items, as well as laughing at how little the people working there new about it. Computer spot was another shop I spent a lot of time at :)

Offline prowler

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 10:30:54 AM »

Darklight wrote:
Yeah, I reckon we need to organise an "Eastern Seaboard" Amiga users show.  :lol: The ozzy users on here seem to be mainly from NSW/ACT and VIC.  
But I reckon that would be cool :-D.  The only Amiga Users groups I know of are down in Melbourne  :-(  

I know SAUG is still going (Sydney Amiga Users Group). I only just got off my lazy butt to register for their mailing list a month or so back. From what I read there is a meeting coming up in a week or two.