Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Blatent price fixing on Amiga Ebay Auction  (Read 1818 times)

Description:

Offline Darklight

• Show only replies by Darklight
Re: Blatent price fixing on Amiga Ebay Auction
« Reply #14 from previous page: June 08, 2005, 05:56:53 AM »
Yeah, I reckon we need to organise an "Eastern Seaboard" Amiga users show.  :lol: The ozzy users on here seem to be mainly from NSW/ACT and VIC.  
But I reckon that would be cool :-D.  The only Amiga Users groups I know of are down in Melbourne  :-(  

Offline adz

• Knight of the Sock
    • Show only replies by adz
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2005, 06:51:47 AM »

Darklight wrote:

Yeah, I reckon we need to organise an "Eastern Seaboard" Amiga users show.  :lol: The ozzy users on here seem to be mainly from NSW/ACT and VIC. But I reckon that would be cool :-D.

Might be a good idea, don't really know what we could do besides BBQ and beer :pint: :-D

The only Amiga Users groups I know of are down in Melbourne  :-(  

I'm not a member myself, but from what I understand the meetings are getting smaller and smaller :-(

Offline prowler

• Show only replies by prowler
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2005, 10:29:25 AM »

Darklight wrote:
@ prowler

I know what you mean!  I remember buying our A500 from Grace Bros.  :lol: I also remember gradually finding less and less Amiga stuff on the shelves  :-( That was where I got heaps of games though.....they were all marked down to $5.00 each by the time Commodore went bust  :-D Now that Grace Bros. has been replaced by a Medicare office  :-o  

At the time this was happening I was a poor starving student and 5$ was a lot for me those days. It makes me wish I started stocking up on legacy AMiga HW and SW before the whole Retro craze kicked in since second hand Amiga items were cheaper/easier to pick up then, now the prices as well as the availability are not so good.

I spent many hours as a school student drooling over the Amiga items, as well as laughing at how little the people working there new about it. Computer spot was another shop I spent a lot of time at :)

Offline prowler

• Show only replies by prowler
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2005, 10:30:54 AM »

Darklight wrote:
Yeah, I reckon we need to organise an "Eastern Seaboard" Amiga users show.  :lol: The ozzy users on here seem to be mainly from NSW/ACT and VIC.  
But I reckon that would be cool :-D.  The only Amiga Users groups I know of are down in Melbourne  :-(  

I know SAUG is still going (Sydney Amiga Users Group). I only just got off my lazy butt to register for their mailing list a month or so back. From what I read there is a meeting coming up in a week or two.

Offline Darklight

• Show only replies by Darklight
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2005, 10:33:36 AM »
Oh, SAUG is still going?  I might register for their mailing list as well  :-D