Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TeamAROS Gargage Sale update  (Read 1778 times)

Description:

Offline dammyTopic starter

• Show only replies by dammy
TeamAROS Gargage Sale update
« on: January 26, 2004, 08:27:36 PM »
Thanks to Redrumlua and a kind person who donated a ton of software for TeamAROS has generated $75 for bounties.  As such, bounties 6, 7, and 8 have been increased by $25 each.

Dammy
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline DFergATL

• Show only replies by DFergATL
Re: TeamAROS Gargage Sale update
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 08:42:03 PM »
Damn!  Those bonties are getting up there!  Lets hope some other devlopers than the core AROS devlopers take some of them.  Nothing against the core delopers they are great!  But it would be nice to have more people on it.  Oh, well just my thoughts.  This is great though.  Lots of money to be had there.
Sir, I believe that we have a problem with your brain being missing.  -Firefly-

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 09:13:37 PM »
I personally want to thank Redrumloa (for being a great Amiga seller) and this "kind person" who have both helped AROS :-)

Thank You

Offline dammyTopic starter

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2004, 10:19:45 PM »
by DFergATL on 2004/1/26 15:42:03

Damn! Those bonties are getting up there! Lets hope some other devlopers than the core AROS devlopers take some of them. Nothing against the core delopers they are great! But it would be nice to have more people on it. Oh, well just my thoughts. This is great though. Lots of money to be had there.

Fresh blood is always welcomed in the AROS community.  :-D

Dammy
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2004, 10:40:37 PM »
Hey Matt, how could I donate money to AROS? I'd offer my services,  but I don't code. =^\ Now, if you guys need some graphics or anything, ask. Can't wait until that NVidia driver and the TCP Stack are up. ^_^
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2004, 10:46:19 PM »

Methuselas wrote:
Hey Matt, how could I donate money to AROS? I'd offer my services,  but I don't code. =^\ Now, if you guys need some graphics or anything, ask. Can't wait until that NVidia driver and the TCP Stack are up. ^_^

I you want to donate money, just send an Email to Dammy, as he runs the bounty program.

As for contributing to aROS, you can contribute anything you like! Our user docs are always in need of freshening up if you fancy looking over them.
We always need people to fire up and test AROS too, and send back bug reports! :-)

Offline Methuselas

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2004, 11:21:20 PM »
I you want to donate money, just send an Email to Dammy, as he runs the bounty program.

Cool! I'll hit him up. Granted, I'm a poor bastard, but I'm sure every little bit helps.

As for contributing to aROS, you can contribute anything you like! Our user docs are always in need of freshening up if you fancy looking over them.

Sure, I'd love to read over the docs. I'm a grammar whore.  :-P Gives me something to read. If you guys need some help with something, point me the way.

We always need people to fire up and test AROS too, and send back bug reports!

I have a CDRW used exclusively for AROS. I usually just boot it, so all my Amiga friends go 'oooh' and 'aahhh'. Same thing they did, when I showed them Amithlon. I'm afraid to attempt to install it, 'cos of the dodgy IDE problem. :nervous: My CD is an old one, though. Back from October, I believe. :-? I'm not sure if the IDE issue was fixed, but there's a bounty for a new driver, so I'm still a bit worried.

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2004, 11:27:32 PM »

Methuselas wrote:

Cool! I'll hit him up. Granted, I'm a poor bastard, but I'm sure every little bit helps.

Sure, I'd love to read over the docs. I'm a grammar whore.  :-P Gives me something to read. If you guys need some help with something, point me the way.

We always need people to fire up and test AROS too, and send back bug reports!

I have a CDRW used exclusively for AROS. I usually just boot it, so all my Amiga friends go 'oooh' and 'aahhh'. Same thing they did, when I showed them Amithlon. I'm afraid to attempt to install it, 'cos of the dodgy IDE problem. :nervous: My CD is an old one, though. Back from October, I believe. :-? I'm not sure if the IDE issue was fixed, but there's a bounty for a new driver, so I'm still a bit worried.

The best thing you can do is sign up to the AROS-Dev mailing list, get CVS access and then you will be able to brows the AROS sources and documentation at your leasure.

I would suggest you keep your AROS CD-RW (yup, I've got one too) up to date at all times ;-)

I have attempted a Hard drive install and it worked fine... though sooooooooooo slow, but once it was done it ran great. If you plan to do this MAKE SURE YOU USE A SPARE DRIVE!!!! AROS WILL TAKE OVER THE DRIVE TOTALLY!

Offline Methuselas

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2004, 11:31:09 PM »
I have attempted a Hard drive install and it worked fine... though sooooooooooo slow, but once it was done it ran great.

Kewl! I take it that it's bootable or will I have to use Grub? Would it run decent on a k62 450 with 128MB of ram?? I might grab the newest version and give it ago.

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2004, 11:40:11 PM »

Methuselas wrote:
I have attempted a Hard drive install and it worked fine... though sooooooooooo slow, but once it was done it ran great.

Kewl! I take it that it's bootable or will I have to use Grub? Would it run decent on a k62 450 with 128MB of ram?? I might grab the newest version and give it ago.

when you run the install program (found in the tools dir), the Harddrive will become a self booting AROS drive.

I have never run it on a K6 (but I did get it to boot a 486), this could be the first time we have had someone ty it :-)

Offline Methuselas

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2004, 11:45:58 PM »
when you run the install program (found in the tools dir), the Harddrive will become a self booting AROS drive.

HAHAHAHAHA I was too busy cooing 'ooohs' and 'aaahhhs' with all my friends, 'cos it's Amiga running on X86, to notice. I was too busy going 'look at the pretty workbench.' and 'OOOOH! It's got Prefs!!'

I have never run it on a K6 (but I did get it to boot a 486), this could be the first time we have had someone ty it

Okay, I'll grab the newest version and give it a go. I'll let you know how it runs and if I find any bugs or nuances with it. Is the install pretty straight forward or are there some docs that I should read first?

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2004, 11:51:57 PM »

Okay, I'll grab the newest version and give it a go. I'll let you know how it runs and if I find any bugs or nuances with it. Is the install pretty straight forward or are there some docs that I should read first?

The Docs are:
1. use an EMPTY drive, nothing else on it.

2. double click on the hard drive install icon in the tools directory.

3. watch the pretty little progress bar crawl along the window.

4. go and make some tea... then have a pizza, then rent a movie, then entertain youself for a bit...

5. check to see it it's finished yet? If no, go back to step 4. If yes, Take CD out of drive, and reboot...

6. Machine will boot into AROS... if it doesn't, something bad has happened... Just in case you hadn't already guessed that :-D

Offline Methuselas

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2004, 12:04:49 AM »
6. Machine will boot into AROS... if it doesn't, something bad has happened... Just in case you hadn't already guessed that

So what are you telling me, it might install windows?? :-P  :-P  :-P

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2004, 12:07:42 AM »

Methuselas wrote:
6. Machine will boot into AROS... if it doesn't, something bad has happened... Just in case you hadn't already guessed that

So what are you telling me, it might install windows?? :-P  :-P  :-P

Only if we're talking worst case senario ;-)

-Edit- Well actually, Worst Case Senario would be, AROS crashes your car, Kills your Dog and runs off with your wife... but what the hell? Some risks are worth taking :-D