Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How do i extract .LHAs in AROS?  (Read 1354 times)

Description:

Offline Einstein

• Show all replies
Re: How do i extract .LHAs in AROS?
« on: September 22, 2007, 05:43:47 PM »
Open the shell and type:

> path sys:extras/misc/aminet/c add

(Now go the directory you want to put the extracted stuff into)

> lha e PATH_OF_LHA_FILE

where PATH_OF_LHA_FILE is where the lha file is located.
I have spoken !

Offline Einstein

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 05:53:25 PM »
When I wrote "NOw go to the directory..." I ment from within the shell offcourse, so that would be "cd DIRECTORY" or just "DIRECTORY", where DIRECTORY is where you want to go, and that's right, you can ommit "cd".

Also, create S:User-Startup if it does not exist and put the line "path sys:extras/misc/aminet/c add" in it and save. that will add the aminet C directory to the executable file path whenever AROS boots. This will free you from manually adding "path sys:extras/misc/aminet/c add" whenever you (re)boot AROS.
I have spoken !

Offline Einstein

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 09:23:30 PM »
As for AROS Max, never tried it, and AFAIK it's very old now.

AROS Hosted, never tried that either, it's AFAIK an environment under Linux, and because of that it may very well cointain bugs not existent in AROS Native and vice versa.

Regarding Wanderer, whenever you open a storage device by double clicking it, you will only see items that has a .info associated to them, in order to see all items you need to pick menu item  Window->View->All files.
Seems that Wanderer Prefs app do not have an option to set it permanently yet.
However i did "un-lha" an archive today into ram:, I could see the actual files (.info) in the shell but not in Wanderer, this is a little bit strange, Wanderer is a fascist  ;-)

I have not yet myself tried to install any icon package yet, cannot tell you if those contain any installer app/script or anything, otherwise you might need to install them manually. If the Icon archive, when extracted, contain a directory structure like:

System
Rexx
Prefs
Prefs/Env-Archive/SYS
Utilities
Tools
Tools/Commodities
etc..

then you probably can just copy the whole directory structure into your AROS partion, you can do this by opening a shell and:

> copy YOUR_ICONS_DIR sys: all

where YOUR_ICONS_DIR contains the directory structure I explained above, be careful anything can happen though, considering bugs..
I have spoken !

Offline Einstein

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 09:59:40 PM »
There's this option to run native under an emulator, that's what I do, I'm using Qemu for that, it's really slow that way, but at least more comfortable than REAL native for now.
I have spoken !

Offline Einstein

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 10:05:16 AM »
Windows, here's the link: http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/download.html

Apparently you can see a Linux binary there, what Linux distro would that be I wonder ?
I have spoken !