Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ** HOT FLASH ** EFIKA is now the biggest ever Team Aros Bounty! **  (Read 9658 times)

Description:

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com

FerretSimp wrote:

koaftder wrote:

800MHz PC w/ 256MB ram, 20Gig HD from dumpster: free

You can goto a thrift store and pick up a PC with twice the power of an efka for $20 and run aros on it. To me, aros on efika is worthless.

Wow! The wonder of the free country. Over here, they'll charge you $200 for a P2.

Actually I can find 600MHz PIII's and Athlons in skips... they are pretty much free... a local Computer store had some 1Ghz Athlon XPs for £5 the other week...

And you can't directly compare the processor megahertz, the 400mhz PPC chips tended to be at least as powerful as the 700-800mhz chips they were competing with.

Don't be silly. a 400Mhz PPC G4 is about as fast as a 400Mhz PIII...

Maybe the PC would have more ram, but it's still a huge, butt ugly PC. PC. Not Amiga, not AROS computer. I hate PC hardware. It's shoddy, cheap and unreliable.

Shoddy, cheap, unreliable? lets see some stats?

My PC's tendto average 5-6 years TOPS before they burn out, while some manage 3 years.

You called 6 years unreliable? Weird...

After 3 years computer hardware is obsolete. Fact.

I have UNIX workstations and Amigas and goodnes knows what else, running still when they were madein the early nineties.

That must be nice for you...?

In fact I think my oldest functional PC is around 1997 after continual repair with NOS parts, whereas I have a BBC that still work perfectly.

Right... and I have a TI-82 that is probably more functional than your BBC...

If you want to stick with a PC, stick with a PC. GO install windows. I'm happy with getting an Amiga.

Good.

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show all replies
Re: ** HOT FLASH ** EFIKA is now the biggest ever Team Aros Bounty! **
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 04:09:43 PM »

FerretSimp wrote:
Note the >$1000 bounty.

I'm saying that WHEN someone ports AROS, it will be the first AROS computer that's not just a Pizzak' Rrap made by some dodgy PC company in the mid nineties.

My Macbook Pro is not a "Pizzak' Rrap made by some dodgy PC company in the mid nineties"!

Look at the fact that Genesi are putting money into this. They want it to be an AROS box, lots of other people want it to be an AROS box and it would make a far better AROS box board than a K6-2 or a Duron.

It would be a good AROS box. But it would not be as powerful or as cheap as a new Duron...

Amiga are never going to port anything to anything! They're one of the few companies that I don't consider to even be Amiga anymore! Ex-Parrot.

Amiga don't do anything anymore... it's Hyperion that you want to talk to.

I'm saying, as several other people are, that when AROS is ported this will be a good system.

Yes it will.

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show all replies
Re: ** HOT FLASH ** EFIKA is now the biggest ever Team Aros Bounty! **
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 05:57:47 PM »

c64_d0c wrote:
this is just another fine way for bbr to sabotage aros... and everyone knows that ainc and hyperion are never gonna cooperate with bbr in anyway.. so aos4.0 will never be released for efika, period!... its about time people wake up!.. if you are gonna support aros put your money where things have been devloped the most, the x86 version...

People are allowed to have AROS running on whatever hardware they want to pay for! :-)

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show all replies
Re: ** HOT FLASH ** EFIKA Bounty Maybe Assigned!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 11:44:29 AM »
Did Christoph win the DnD bounty... it seems to work!