Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ShapeShifter - Change Floppy Images On The Fly  (Read 1168 times)

Description:

Offline arongoochTopic starter

• Show only replies by arongooch
ShapeShifter - Change Floppy Images On The Fly
« on: April 30, 2017, 07:59:18 AM »
Hi all. Ive recently been playing around with ShapeShifter on my A600 with Vampire card. I have the emulator working quite well and I can boot into Mac OS 7.5 and I have successfully setup a 30MB file-based HDD and initialised it.

The problem I am having and cannot for the life of me work out after searching online and reading the ShapeShifter guide is how to change the disk images on the fly as the emulator is running?

I can Amiga+M back to the desktop and back again no problems but when I go back to the Amiga side there is no user interface for ShapeShifter and therefor cannot change the disk images. What am I missing here? Cheers for any help :)

Offline Whaka

• Show only replies by Whaka
Re: ShapeShifter - Change Floppy Images On The Fly
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 01:37:08 PM »
hello :)
wich kind of disk image you speak ?

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 01:50:18 PM »
As far as hard disk images, I don't think they can be changed on the fly. And I'm not sure if ShapeShifter even supports floppy disk images. Have a look at Basilisk II, which might have those options.

Offline vince_6

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 06:28:34 PM »
Quote from: Matt_H;825149
As far as hard disk images, I don't think they can be changed on the fly. And I'm not sure if ShapeShifter even supports floppy disk images. Have a look at Basilisk II, which might have those options.

It reads real mac disks 720K formatted by the emu and 800K from crossmac.
Also PC disks and mac disk img files supported.
You through them in a mac partition and when you double click them they just automount on desktop.
My BBS : flashbackbbs.sytes.net:6502
http://partsfromthepast.blogspot.gr/ A1200 Black Project

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 01:37:41 AM »
Sorry, I should of been more clear.

Floppy disk images not harddrive images.

I have 7 floppy disk images of OS 7.5 of which I can insert 2 of in ShapeShifters user interface window before the emulation begins. I can boot into this OS no problems from disk 1 but then once booted there appears no way I can bring up ShapeShifters user interface to insert the rest of the disks to continue the OS installation.

Offline Whaka

• Show only replies by Whaka
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 03:52:38 AM »
you can take a look at diskimage on aminet. with this, you can specify a virtual DF1 (for exemple) to shapeshifter, and be able to swap images trhu his gui. :)i didn't try, but i think it's doable this way.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 03:55:44 AM by Whaka »

Offline amiadudeorwat

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 11:41:41 AM »
What you do is mount the disk images inside of MacOS with Apple's Disk Copy tool.  If the Disk Copy tool is available on your boot disk.

Offline vince_6

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 11:51:52 AM »
Sorry if I said more than disk images.
As I said you can double click them inside mac and they'll become automount.
My BBS : flashbackbbs.sytes.net:6502
http://partsfromthepast.blogspot.gr/ A1200 Black Project

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 07:12:02 AM »
Cheers everyone for the advice. I sort of went a different route with this though. The whole objective was to install Mac OS 7.5. I ended up just mounting an ISO image file of Mac OS 7.5.3 instead using the floppy based install.

Also to copy certain files across downloaded from the net and what not to run on the mac I used the "Mac" handler tool in the ShapeShifter folder that allows a tunnel between Workbench and the Mac harddrive image when the emulation is running. This way I could just use D-Opus and copy files directly the the Mac harddrive. Worked a treat.