Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Answer Truthfully Now...  (Read 10313 times)

Description:

Offline FrankoTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: Answer Truthfully Now...
« Reply #14 from previous page: September 18, 2010, 07:34:18 PM »
Well if you say no then the relevance to your points don't apply. :)

Reckon what I call humor doesn't seem to travel too well across the pond with some folk. Different outlook on life I suppose. :(

I have read and agree with most of what you have said, but you seem to be taking things I say a wee bit too seriously and personally. I can only apologise here in public to you if think I'm trying to be elitist or holding other folks view in contempt.

I can only say when you read something I have written here try and take it in the sense in which I mean it, which is, always with a touch of humor in it somewhere. :)

Simple thing is where I live and the people I know almost all talk to each other in this manner. If we didn't understand that we mean no harm by what we say, then the population of Scotland would be most likely zero as we would all have murdered each other by now. :)

As I say humor can mean different things to different people, reckon where I come from ours is very different humor and outlook on life to yours. :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 11:36:56 AM »
Quote from: LoadWB;580040
I suppose so.  I have the good fortune of having inherited an appreciation for British humor from my grandmother, who is full-blood Limey, which gives me a little more rounding, I like to think.  I think the difference in this case would be the touchiness of the subject, though we may conjecture for a while on whether it should be so or not.  The only offense I take to a conversation with certain implications is when said conversation may work to negate any comment made in honesty, whether mine or anyone else's, which was my perception.  My apologies are offered in the case the intention was otherwise.  Indeed, this is a heated debate, that of piracy and copyright.

Irrespective on whether we agree with each other on the fundamental subject, it would still be my pleasure to order us up a round, after which we could continue to have spirited debate.

Cheers, and I am off to watch my football (REAL football, not what you blokes call soccer :laughing: which may be another touchy subject, yeah?) team not suck just enough to win.  *sigh*  I am afraid it will be another season like that for us while we attempt to rebuild.

Hi Loadwb, :)

Glad we are able to agree to differ on our points of view, your offer to buy a round is most generous, but you do realize that with me being Scottish this could prove to be quite costly and not very good for the liver as we Scots are a bit partial to anything containing alcohol and don't understand the words 'closing time' or 'last orders at the bar'... :)

As for football, here it's nothing more than a game played by a bunch of overpaid nancy boys, who feign injury when someone steps on their boot laces or knocks their hair out of place, but yes thats another subject... :)

(quick note, it's not wise to call us Scots 'British', thats a very touchy subject... :roflmao:)

Cheers :drink:

Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 12:03:20 PM »
Just visited my Facebook page and found this post on it from my brother in law in the states, odd coincidence, but seems like piracy/copyright wars, who's right and who's wrong, are being fought all over the place right now... :)

http://torrentfreak.com/4chan-ddos-takes-down-mpaa-and-anti-piracy-websites-100918/

• Show all replies
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 02:10:29 PM »
Quote from: stefcep2;580178
IMO the biggest copyright issue is that of copyrighting human genes.  Hospitals have to pay licensing fees for diagnostic tests that have the potential to identify the risk of cancer in an individual, but if the patient won't pay upto $4000 in fees, they won't be told of their risk, and that could adversally effect their health outcome.  In Aus there is a major gov't enquiry on if its possibly to copyright genes, most of which have been patentetd by US companies and licensed to local labs.

Interesting topic, but surely no one else could claim copyright on an individuals genes as you would be the owner and anyone using your genes would be infringing on your copyrights... could be a whole new thread that one... :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 03:31:38 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;580189
If you don't use it, then, logically you can't currently be using it, so the answer would seem to be "no".

Ere Karlos, don't start bringing logic into this thing, me and logic just don't understand each other... :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 03:21:28 PM »
Well, the results are in... :)

27.50% are nice, kind, honest & genuine folks who wouldn't do anything wrong...  :angel: :rolleyes:

5.00% are claiming their right's not to incriminate themselves... :sealed: :nervous:

70.00% are (me included) still waving the Jolly Roger and not giving a s**t about it.. :swords: :roflmao:

0.83% is claiming all of the above and is totally nuts.... :mickeymouse:

• Show all replies
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 06:38:57 PM »
Quote from: kolla;580686
What does running copyrighted software you never paid for have to do with piracy anyways?

As Aleksandr Orlov said, Simples... :)

If you were to ask the software companies they would claim that folk who use copyrighted software that they never paid for are, even if they are not the ones pirating it , that the pirates would have no one to sell to or even give away said software to... thus No end users, No pirates... Simples :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2010, 07:50:11 PM »
Quote from: kolla;580698
So all the copyrighted stuff on aminet... piracy? This poll is broken by design.

Well unless the copyright owners haven't given permission to have their stuff freely distributed... then technically YES... :)

Quote from: kolla;580698
This poll is broken by design.

Drat... rumbled... :(