Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Answer Truthfully Now...  (Read 10352 times)

Description:

Offline FrankoTopic starter

• Show all replies
Answer Truthfully Now...
« on: September 15, 2010, 06:21:27 PM »
With all the recent threads going on about copyright etc.. I reckon this poll will go down as the one with the least ever responses. :)

However if you brave enough or honest enougth, it would be quite interesting to see the results... :)

• Show all replies
Re: Answer Truthfully Now...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 06:30:14 PM »
Quote from: JJ;579561
umm what poll ?

This poll !!!!

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 06:37:12 PM »
Look's warmer there than Scotland on a hot day... :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 08:13:24 PM »
Quote from: orb85750;579591
And for those who pirate software that is still available "through legal channels" .....Do you have any reservations about shoplifting (other than getting caught)?

I reckon I should have worded the question a bit better, but I was really only meaning do you still use old software that is no longer available to actually purchase or obtain legally.

I know it does not matter how old it is, it's still piracy, but with the Amiga's situation for a vast majority of cases their is no other way of obtaining or using this old software.

Be it shareware or a commercial product, if It's still available to buy or pay a shareware fee I personally still buy or pay for such a product, but I'm not going to hide the fact that I still use plenty of old software that is no longer available to buy or pay the shareware fees on.

Why would I shoplift when the product is there to be bought !
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 08:22:41 PM by Franko »

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 08:24:28 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;579600
Short answer, yes. Slightly longer one, yes, but entirely legally. I have certain copyrighted software that was not paid for, but use with the vendor's express permission.

So wheres your Vote then Karlos... :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 09:18:32 PM »
Quote from: Boudicca;579611
Simply answer **** off u N**** C***, Go and ask a Cop have they ever smoked dope or driven over the speed limit.

Simple answer from a simple mind... :roflmao:

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 03:47:57 PM »
Quote from: T3000;579735
hmmm... and then what Franko, ya gonna turn everyone one in for a reward?  :D

Id have to turn myself in first, cos I was the first one to answer with a big fat YES... :)

(Wonder if there's a reward for grassing on myself... Hmmm... ) :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 01:13:31 AM »
Hmm... now don't take this the wrong way you 25 folk who so far have answerd NO... :)

But I'm just a tiny wee bit sceptical that there are 25 Mother Teresa's out their that don't even have the tiniest little bit of software somewhere on their systems that they have erm... lets say forgotten about, that may indeed be not quite legally owned... ;)

I'm not for one moment doubting your honesty, but lets just say I have never met anyone in real life who can actually claim this... :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 12:59:08 PM »
Quote from: the_leander;579963
But you're about to imply that there is absolutely no way that we could be running legally clean systems. That we're lying.

It's called open source software, you might want to look into it.

GTFO.

Read and understand muppet: Every piece of software on this system is completely legitimate. I have a valid licence for all of it. Thanks to the fact I donated toward my distro of choice, I could also select "no" from the list.

That I would have to have changed my answer as of yesterday, does not change the fact that there is no illegal software on this system. All it means is that I got a copy of Ubuntu from their own shipit service.

I'll also have to side with Karlos on this with regard the wording on the questions. They do imply that by saying yes you're admitting to piracy.

"I'm not for one moment doubting your honesty, but you're lying."

Again, GTFO.

My, My, aren't some folk a little bit touchy on this subject eh, the_leander ... :)

I never used the word 'lying' you only read into my post what you believe it said, it's not my fault the you can't understand what a muppet like me is saying. :)

The original question has nothing to do with implying that anyone is a pirate, it was merely asking if you have or use a piece of software on your system that you didn't actually pay for the use of and to use legally you would have had to pay for it.

I was never asking folk if they were a pirate who whether for money or for free churns out copies of software and distribute them or sells them, that is a pirate... :)

But to all you Mother Teresa's out there, please accept the humble apologies of a muppet... :)

I still choose however to remain a teensy weensy lickle bit sceptical... :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 03:01:03 PM »
Quote from: the_leander;579988
I couldn't give a crap what you believe: DOX or GTFO.

For someone who doesn't 'give a crap about what I believe' you sure as hell write a lot of long winded crap about it... :roflmao:

• Show all replies
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 03:03:34 PM »
Quote from: the_leander;579992
Thought so.

My your quick... :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 04:25:34 PM »
Quote from: odin;579998
:(
When you can say 'you are' in a sentence 'you're' is correct, 'your' isn't.

Why thunk your fur the englush leeson... :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 06:53:38 PM »
@LoadWB

Ere, LoadWB is this your youtube video...

http://www.youtube.com/user/LoadWB

Cos some of the disk's in it look decidedly erm... dodgy...

(interesting video by the way...)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 06:57:40 PM by Franko »

• Show all replies
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 07:34:18 PM »
Well if you say no then the relevance to your points don't apply. :)

Reckon what I call humor doesn't seem to travel too well across the pond with some folk. Different outlook on life I suppose. :(

I have read and agree with most of what you have said, but you seem to be taking things I say a wee bit too seriously and personally. I can only apologise here in public to you if think I'm trying to be elitist or holding other folks view in contempt.

I can only say when you read something I have written here try and take it in the sense in which I mean it, which is, always with a touch of humor in it somewhere. :)

Simple thing is where I live and the people I know almost all talk to each other in this manner. If we didn't understand that we mean no harm by what we say, then the population of Scotland would be most likely zero as we would all have murdered each other by now. :)

As I say humor can mean different things to different people, reckon where I come from ours is very different humor and outlook on life to yours. :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 11:36:56 AM »
Quote from: LoadWB;580040
I suppose so.  I have the good fortune of having inherited an appreciation for British humor from my grandmother, who is full-blood Limey, which gives me a little more rounding, I like to think.  I think the difference in this case would be the touchiness of the subject, though we may conjecture for a while on whether it should be so or not.  The only offense I take to a conversation with certain implications is when said conversation may work to negate any comment made in honesty, whether mine or anyone else's, which was my perception.  My apologies are offered in the case the intention was otherwise.  Indeed, this is a heated debate, that of piracy and copyright.

Irrespective on whether we agree with each other on the fundamental subject, it would still be my pleasure to order us up a round, after which we could continue to have spirited debate.

Cheers, and I am off to watch my football (REAL football, not what you blokes call soccer :laughing: which may be another touchy subject, yeah?) team not suck just enough to win.  *sigh*  I am afraid it will be another season like that for us while we attempt to rebuild.

Hi Loadwb, :)

Glad we are able to agree to differ on our points of view, your offer to buy a round is most generous, but you do realize that with me being Scottish this could prove to be quite costly and not very good for the liver as we Scots are a bit partial to anything containing alcohol and don't understand the words 'closing time' or 'last orders at the bar'... :)

As for football, here it's nothing more than a game played by a bunch of overpaid nancy boys, who feign injury when someone steps on their boot laces or knocks their hair out of place, but yes thats another subject... :)

(quick note, it's not wise to call us Scots 'British', thats a very touchy subject... :roflmao:)

Cheers :drink:

Franko