Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A1200 OS 3.9 Squirrel SCSI Issue  (Read 1467 times)

Description:

Offline PlatformerZTopic starter

A1200 OS 3.9 Squirrel SCSI Issue
« on: August 19, 2021, 02:17:42 PM »
A1200 OS 3.9 BB4 Cobra 030 64MB :D
I'm having an issue with using squirrelscsi.device (2nd release) on my OS 3.9 BB4 A1200.
The 1st release worked OK with OS 3.9 but since Boing Bag 1-4 I hadn't used it for a long time.
I installed the second release Squirrel disk and checked if it had overwritten any files with older versions.
Seemed not, which was ok.
Problem: With C:SquirrelSCSI >NIL: MOUNT in startup-sequence and CD0: tooltypes DEVICE=squirrelscsi.device it boots ok but WB fails to see a cd inserted in the CD drive. Also WB freezes with hot insert of Squirrel.

Problem2: With no SquirrelSCSI in startup-sequence and CD0: tooltypes DEVICE=squirrelscsi.device it doesn't boot to WB.
                With a clean startup-sequence and no CD0: with squirrelscsi.device as a tooltype in DEVS:DosDrivers - WB boots as normal
                but of course NO CD-ROM!
Maybe the squirrelscsi.device is corrupt or the earlier version may work?
I've read on other threads that with OS 3.9 there's no install of Squirrel needed, just add squirrelscsi.device to DEVS: and add it as the CD0: device tooltype.  Is that correct? and BB4?
Any thoughts? Thanks. ::)

Offline PlatformerZTopic starter

Re: A1200 OS 3.9 Squirrel SCSI Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 01:17:19 PM »
 :D Hey y'all. I have sorted it. I put the first release of squirrelscsi.device in DosDrivers and it's working now. I don't know if it's really different from 2.0 but the file size is a lot smaller and with BB4 on OS 3.9 I didn't need any calls in startup-sequence either.
(as mentioned on https://gregdonner.org/os39faq/compatibility.html)
Thanks. ;D