Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: !!HELP!! In need of revitilising a poor old A600  (Read 1817 times)

Description:

Offline Jethro_TullTopic starter

• Show all replies
!!HELP!! In need of revitilising a poor old A600
« on: November 13, 2005, 02:42:20 PM »
Having just added an A600 to my Amiga Collection, I'm asking for a bit of help from fellow Amigans. This cute little computer is suffering from a broken floppy, and I either need a replacement, or a way of setting up it's HD from UAE.

Can a PC floppy drive be re-wired to work in an Amiga, or can UAE format a bootable HD nativly in FFS?

Finally, a few months ago I saw a news item on this site from someone about to manufacture A600 accelerators.  Does anyone know weather the accelerators were actually made, and if yes, where and how can I buy one?  Alternativy, if someone has a spare accelerator for this cute little computer, I'll gladly buy it!

Thanks to everyone in advance!

Offline Jethro_TullTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: !!HELP!! In need of revitilising a poor old A600
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 05:37:57 PM »
Thanks for the information, all of you.  I have now reformatted the HD using WinUAE.  I already had a 2.5"IDE to 3.5"IDE adaptor lying around, since I'm a tech by day (and an Amiholic by night).  Will definitly contact Animart to by the M-Tec accelerator, since 90 Euros is definitly very reasonable for an Amiga accelerator. Hopefully, they still have a few in stock.