Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: amiga explorer over tcp/ip?  (Read 2443 times)

Description:

Offline JuvUKTopic starter

• Show only replies by JuvUK
    • http://www.bobhoughtonferrari.co.uk
amiga explorer over tcp/ip?
« on: September 18, 2005, 10:39:47 PM »
Hi all
  I am trying to access my pc from my amiga, the amiga is online can pings the pc and the pc can ping the amiga, but i cant get amiga explorer to find the amiga drive , i have tried turning off all firewalls but i still get the message "there has been a conflict accessing the amiga explorer resources".
 anyone got any ideas?
  thanks Juv.U.K
Why does it always break?

Offline _caddy_

• Show only replies by _caddy_
Re: amiga explorer over tcp/ip?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 12:43:58 AM »
check that the passwords are correct, check that anti virus on the pc isnt getting in the way, check you have copied over the icon for the amiga side bit, and that its tooltypes are set up
check you have bsdsocketlibrary, check the ip's are right on the pc side properties

i have this working, and its kinda cool
A1200 in original casing
Internal
4.3gb hard drive // 24x cdrom // clock port Hypercom1 // floppy drive
External
3 floppy drives, and a 3 Com Etherlink 3 PCMCIA Ethernet Card

Offline _caddy_

• Show only replies by _caddy_
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 06:16:18 PM »
if you whack the transmission rate up from 512 to 1500 it works faster too :)

ethernet can handle this, serial cant
A1200 in original casing
Internal
4.3gb hard drive // 24x cdrom // clock port Hypercom1 // floppy drive
External
3 floppy drives, and a 3 Com Etherlink 3 PCMCIA Ethernet Card

Offline MelbourneBen

• Show only replies by MelbourneBen
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 03:21:51 AM »
Hi All,

I got Amiga Explorer working over serial which I used to transfer across amitcp and pcmcia wireless card drivers etc, my A1200 is now connected to my LAN.

Now I would like to use Amiga Explorer to transfer more files but over IP rather than serial...the doco talks about setting the password on the Amiga side however I can't find where this is set? Can anyone give me a clue?

Everything else seems ok...i.e. I can use telnet on the AE port (365 from memory) and can see that my miggy is listening for connections.

Eventually I will get my main linux box setup as a samba server but in the mean time getting AE setup over IP will be good.

Thanks

Ben
Amiga 500 user

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 03:28:25 AM »
Holy crap, I didn't realize people still use that! :)
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Thomas

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 08:03:33 AM »
Quote from: JuvUK;204970
Hi all
  I am trying to access my pc from my amiga, the amiga is online can pings the pc and the pc can ping the amiga, but i cant get amiga explorer to find the amiga drive , i have tried turning off all firewalls but i still get the message "there has been a conflict accessing the amiga explorer resources".
 anyone got any ideas?
  thanks Juv.U.K

If you run Genesis on the Amiga, open the Genesis window and check the log. If it says something like "access from to port denied", then open the settings window, go to access filter and and add a rule which allows access to that port. IIRC it is port 356. Alternatively you can remove the rule which forbids access to all unknown ports.

The same applies to AmiTCP with the difference that it does not have a log, so you have to guess what might be wrong.

Note that AExplorer does not work with AmiTCP V3 and below.

Offline Thomas

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 08:06:59 AM »
Quote from: MelbourneBen;648366
Hi All,
the doco talks about setting the password on the Amiga side however I can't find where this is set? Can anyone give me a clue?

To change AExplorer settings, open the icon information and check the tooltypes.

If you run AExplorer from the shell, the icon is ignored and you need to write every non-default settings into the command line.

Offline MelbourneBen

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 09:21:29 AM »
Thanks Thomas, will give that a try.
Amiga 500 user

Offline MelbourneBen

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 05:08:48 AM »
Still havent been able to get this to work...I've done a bit more research and I think it may be due to the version of amitcp I'm using...I currently use 3.02b and apparently amiga explorer requires amitcp 4 as it requires asycronous socket support which v3.02b doesn't have.

I may try and install the full version of amitcp 4 if I can get hold of it...but will more than likely get a samba client configured.
Amiga 500 user