Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
CH / Electric Cars / Re: does anyone own an electric car?
« Last post by trekiej on September 23, 2021, 01:54:20 AM »
I hope this is not too off topic.
What is the BMW Electric like?
I noticed it has a small back seat area.
Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion / Re: How to backup a SCSI2SD card?
« Last post by Michele31415 on September 22, 2021, 10:15:40 PM »
Thanks very much for the suggestions.  I'm not having much luck so far but I'm still working on it.  Is WinUAE able to mount a bare SCSI2SD SD card?  I thought that the SCSI2SD provided the translation needed for the Amiga to see a particular block on the SD card as a virtual SCSI device.

I also tried using dd on my Ubuntu in Virtualbox but it doesn't even see the card, although it sees other USB devices.  Same problem on my Solaris machine.  I tried using a dd program for the PC and that didn't work at all.  That's where I am now.
« Last post by F0LLETT on September 22, 2021, 05:42:23 PM »
I have to agree, OP only asked a simple question and then, BozzerBigD said aload of off topic stuff and derailed thread.
Please keep your personally beliefs to yourself. I personally see it as, your damned if you do and damned if you dont.

So, back to the topic please. Do you own an Electric Car???
« Last post by AJCopland on September 22, 2021, 04:57:26 PM »
Enhanced Rock Weathering will also play its part for agriculture to convert carbon and capture it into the soil. Is that “bullshit” too? Liberal hipster attitudes and posh mates with EVs does not automatically make you all knowing on environmental or energy issues!

The "bullshit" was a quote from the video, which was about CCS and called it BS throughout, hence my explanation of it.
And yes, according to all of the data so far, it is BS.

That's a problem that needs to be solved, but it doesn't change the facts that all of the CCS projects so far have failed to meet their goals, been incredibly expensive, and have diverted effort and resources away from decarbonising the industries that they're supposed to be saving.

Also, don't be so rude.
The OP asked if anyone had driven one, there was the usual disinformation anf FUD from a bunch of posters, so I posted some links.

That doesn't make me liberal, a hipster, or ignorant.
Amiga Software Issues and Discussion / Real3d v2 under WinUAE
« Last post by Tymo500 on September 21, 2021, 06:53:30 PM »
I can not to run Real 3D v2 030 under latest WinUAE.
Everything has been installed correctly.
What is wrong?
Libraries OK. Assigns, content, directories, start-ups files in S:
What are the requirements of this program? RAM? OS?
« Last post by AndyFC on September 21, 2021, 07:25:21 AM »
If you use WinUAE (and maybe other Amiga emulators but I've not tried) you can mount Amiga formatted disks and the emulated Amiga can mount them. You could then use that to back up the contents to a hardfile on your PC's storage.
Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion / Re: 3.2 ROMS wont boot in Amiga 4000D
« Last post by slaapliedje on September 21, 2021, 01:22:27 AM »
Well that's really weird because my A3000D has no floppy connected and the 3.2 Kickstarts boot fine.  And Paula never changed a hair on her head.
Interesting, maybe it's a 'feature' of the 4000D kickstart?  I only have 4000s and both now have 3.2, but I tend to test from the floppy drive, so haven't tested it with it disconnected...
« Last post by slaapliedje on September 21, 2021, 01:17:54 AM »
You basically need something like 'dd' to image the whole SD card, assuming it's formatted as an Amiga drive (as other operating systems can't read the file system generally (though Linux can read FFS if you have the module enabled).
Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion / How to backup a SCSI2SD card?
« Last post by Michele31415 on September 20, 2021, 07:56:39 PM »
I want to make a backup of my SCSI2SD SD card.  What's the best way to do this?  Can I just plug the SD card into my PC and copy&paste its contents to my hard disk there?
« Last post by QuikSanz on September 20, 2021, 04:13:29 AM »

The best way is probably hydrogen but using electrolysis is inefficient, you only get out what you put in so 1 for 1 at best. It only will work if we can overcome that barrier, some sort of high speed separator that gets out more than input.   
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10