Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New PS3/Nintendo Wii, gaming in general  (Read 3474 times)

Description:

Offline adolescent

• Show all replies
Re: New PS3/Nintendo Wii, gaming in general
« on: November 16, 2006, 07:54:40 PM »
@tonyvdb

The Nintendo Wii won't allow playback of ANY DVDs out of the box.  There are rumors of a DVD capable version coming out in 2007.
Time to move on.  Bye Amiga.org.  :(

Offline adolescent

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 01:05:23 AM »
Viva PiƱata FTW!  

Actually, I think the Wii will be fun.  What I'm really hoping is that the virtual console games support multiplayer (over Internet).  I'll try to pick one up this weekend.  I saw the games, controllers, etc. are already on sale but I didn't see much in the launch titles that was interesting.  After all, Zelda is just the same old thing with more pixels, more effects, and more enemies.  

Offline adolescent

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 04:00:34 PM »

tonyvdb wrote:
Some of you have mentioned the BlueRay capabilities of the PS3. Dont get sucked into buying it because of that. The high deff output of the PS3 will never be as good as a stand alone player and the price has already come down on them since they first came out.

FUD.  Care to quote a reliable source on this?  

...as well as downloading all the rom games from the N-64 so its got my vote.

Incorrect.  At launch there will only be 1 N64 game available, Super Mario 64.  It remains to be seen if people will be willing to re-buy their N64 collection at ~$10 a game.

Offline adolescent

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 05:41:56 PM »

tonyvdb wrote:

You dont need to beleave me (I do have alot of knowledge in this field) but you will kick yourself later when you find out. Sony has never had great video output from any of there DVD players in the past so this will most likely be the same (Denon has the best on the market). The laser pickup assembly, motor trasport, power suply transformer quality  and digital prossing all play factors in how good the quality is.

A lot of knowledge in this field?  A couple of posts back you thought the Wii could play HD-DVD.  Heck, you didn't even know how to SPELL Blu-Ray. :lol:  

FUD.

Offline adolescent

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 03:33:09 AM »
So you got a game and controller but no Wii (yet).  I'll be impressed if you can score a Wii before street date.

Offline adolescent

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 04:08:07 PM »

lou_dias wrote:

It seems PS3's are having HDMI issues:
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/17/ps3-hdmi-doesnt-like-you/

All they need to do is hold the power button for 5 seconds (until the second beep) to let the console sync with the HDMI.  Why the joystiq guys are a week behind with this information that the AVSforum guys got day 1.

Offline adolescent

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 05:25:44 AM »

lou_dias wrote:
This is just another quality issue for Sony.  Yes, you can work around it but it's an annoyance.  

Sure, it's a one time annoyance.  But, since Sony has already put out the information, and has a work around already in the hardware I don't think it's a big deal.  My guess is they'll issue a firmware patch once things settle down (if they haven't already).  Just like they are doing for the 200 or so PS1/PS2 games that are having issues.