Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AutoRun CD-Rom  (Read 1829 times)

Description:

Offline hard_gbTopic starter

• Show only replies by hard_gb
AutoRun CD-Rom
« on: February 15, 2021, 01:58:45 AM »
I have a TF330 and ClassicWB installed.
I want to be able to put the CD-rom and it will be identified automatically, with the icon displayed on the desktop, similar to inserting a floppy disk.
Please, does anyone know how I can do this?

Offline Pat the Cat

Re: AutoRun CD-Rom
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 03:03:16 AM »
Depends what you mean.

If you mean you want to set up a bootable CD, with it's own disk icon (disk.info) in the root directory, that's pretty involved. Your best bet would be to have a look at a magazine coverdisk.

If you mean you want icon access to an inserted CD, for it to appear as a disk in Workbench, that's a different matter.

Check Devs/storage. Do you already have a CD0: icon in there? If so, try dragging it to DOsdrivers. Reboot the system.

If not, you might find the mouncd util on aminet of use (you can also mount iso images and other disk images which appear as icons).

https://aminet.net/search?query=mount+cd

No gurantees on this, I remember it being quite awkward on a CD32 and swapping CDs.

EDIT: This package looks more promising, has a cd32 mountlist for a decent filesystem (more likely to correctly identify type of CD);-

https://aminet.net/package/util/boot/KillCD0
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 03:37:34 AM by Pat the Cat »
"To recurse is human. To iterate, divine."

A1200, Vanilla, Surf Squirrel, SD Card, KS 3.0/3.z, PCMCIA dev
A500, Vanilla, A570, Rev 5, KS 1.2/1.3 Testbench system
Rasp Pi, UAE4ARM, 3D laser scanner, experimental, hoping for AmigaOS4Arm, based on Watterott Fabscan Pi

Offline pVC

Re: AutoRun CD-Rom
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 08:25:13 AM »
I want to be able to put the CD-rom and it will be identified automatically, with the icon displayed on the desktop, similar to inserting a floppy disk.
Please, does anyone know how I can do this?
If you have a CD filesystem installed and an appropriate mountfile in DEVS:DOSDrivers/, it should be like this already... an icon appears/disappears on the desktop when you insert/eject a CD.

How do you use them now? Do you mount them manually somehow? Is there a CD0 file in SYS:Storage/DOSDrivers, for example?
Daily MorphOS user and Amiga active.