Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Recovrable alert?  (Read 679 times)

Description:

Offline Gav

• Show only replies by Gav
Recovrable alert?
« on: May 27, 2003, 08:11:07 PM »
What is recovrable alert? very often i get this msg  esp if i reset.Could it be a motherboard problem? my power flyer is very secure so its not that.
Thanks in advance
A1200,BPPC603e+@240mhz-060@50mhz/Scsi2 192mb,Powerflyer,Mediator SX,Voodoo 3000,SB128,Tv card,SD/FF,Ethernet,CDRW.

Offline theTAOTopic starter

• Show only replies by theTAO
Re: Recovrable alert?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 06:22:02 PM »
In general terms, a Recoverable Alert is a software failure that was "noted" by the OS, but not harsh enough to cause a guru/crash.  I suppose it could be caused by a hardware fault, but it's hard to say without a lot more information.  By "reset", I assume you mean "reboot"?  In general, if you recall installing or changing any software or hardware around the time the errors started, that's the first place to start.  Otherwise, you may want to start disabling software (and then hardware) and see what makes it go away.  If it's only a Recoverable (yellow) error, it's may not be anything critical, and may never get any worse, but it wouldn't hurt to track down the source.  I've never used the Toaster/Flyer, so can't help in that regard.

Good luck,

Todd