Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why do people believe the advertising?  (Read 9393 times)

Description:

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show all replies
Re: Why do people believe the advertising?
« on: April 06, 2010, 06:32:39 AM »
Ive only seen windows 7 briefly but it didn't seem terribly different from vista. People swear its faster so I'll defer to experts on this one.

I did get to play with a friends netbook running 7 but that is barely usable. Kinda sad, as it was a neat little machine, but windows just isn't up to snuff on that sort of hardware.

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show all replies
Re: Why do people believe the advertising?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 09:22:52 AM »
Quote from: Lurch;551656
Windows 7 is fantastic, it's not related to Vista. It may look similar but there has been some major code rewrites and it behaves like a different beast. Having supported Vista at my old job under a pilot and attending some presentations on Vista and 7 and explaining the changes in 7 it is a huge breath of fresh air.

Even runs on a humble netbook at full throttle, 30 second boot time vs 4 and half minutes by Vista... and that was on a machine with 512MB of RAM. Vista choked trying to multitask, 7 no problems.

I don't know what the problem is with my buddys netbook then. It took several minutes to boot up to anything resembling a usable state, and trying to do anything on it moved at a crawl. Maybe he's got a bunch of junk starting up automatically or something.