Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: colour pens question..  (Read 3833 times)

Description:

Offline Thomas

Re: colour pens question..
« on: February 10, 2012, 02:14:33 PM »
The question is what you expect from INVERSVID. It is mainly meant for text and it causes those areas which are usually drawn in background color or left transparent to be drawn in foreground color and vice versa.

So if you set JAM1 | INVERSVID and then draw lines or other figures which don't use the background color, doing nothing is correct behaviour.

For me INVERSVID works correctly on a 32 bit screen (see attachment).

Offline Thomas

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 02:52:53 PM »
Cybergfx or Picasso96?

Offline Thomas

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 07:45:33 AM »
WinUAE or real Amiga? Which version, which model, which gfx card?

Offline Thomas

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 04:44:58 PM »
Well, JAM1 | INVERSVID means that pixels which would normally be drawn are left unchanged. For ClearEOL this means it does nothing (as would Draw and similar functions). IMHO it works as expected. And for me it does the same on native and gfx card screens.

Offline Thomas

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 12:25:56 PM »
Quote from: Minuous;680988
 Is there some kind of workaround for this limitation that will allow my program to access pens beyond the first 256 in a cooperative way? Thanks.

You could check the depth of the screen's bitmap and if it is higher than 8 you need only one exclusive pen and use SetRGB32 to set the actual color before you draw.

If you don't insist on exact colors, another possibility is to use shared pens, i.e. use ObtainBestPen.