Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A-EON Technology secures graphic card support for AmigaOS 4  (Read 15082 times)

Description:

Offline Terminills

• Grand Conspirator
    • Show all replies
Quote from: vox;697853
PPC Macs have no battery or spare parts support at all, and are with with AGP, slow mem, EIDE ATA etc.

MOS should go X1000 and Trevor can donate a board.

Apple repair net no longer deals with anything PPC for few years, so A-EON and AmiKit are better
then 3rd party rip offs that charge $200 for laptop battery.

I recently had PPC G4 Laptop selling for 50 euros with no battery and I declined the offer when realized
how much 512MB additional RAM and battery costs + postage + import costs to non EU country
(plus 100 euros for MOS). Even I would love to have Mint 11, MacOS X and MOS on one machine,
I prefered high end workstation with OS 4.2 and Mint 11

newegg.com has new aftermarket powerbook batteries for $60 and add $30 for ram.  so for the price of the x1000 you could have what 4 spares?   That includes the price of Morphos on each spare.
Support AROS sponsor a developer.

edited by mod: this has been addressed

Offline Terminills

• Grand Conspirator
    • Show all replies
Re: A-EON Technology secures graphic card support for AmigaOS 4
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 02:10:37 PM »
Quote from: Fab;698049
@Karlos

The lack of overlay and fast PCIe/AGP transfers is the reason why AROS MPlayer is much slower than MorphOS MPlayer on a similar setup. Actually, on a recent machine, AROS spends much less time to decode a full 1080p frame than to blit it... That's really funny if you ask me ! On MorphOS, displaying a decoded 1080p frame takes something like 15ms on a mac mini, while on AROS, it used to take more 50ms (on much more powerful hardware).

+1 Aros really needs to fix this.   :)
Support AROS sponsor a developer.

edited by mod: this has been addressed