Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Using plipbox with Emu68 & pistorm32 lite on a 1200  (Read 2318 times)

Description:

Offline G4DDS

• Show all replies
Re: Using plipbox with Emu68 & pistorm32 lite on a 1200
« on: June 02, 2023, 12:48:44 PM »
I'm having problems as well.

Got a plipbox v0.6 firmware on an A1200 kickstart 3.1. I have my own little "test" distribution based on workbench 3.1 containing just the plipbox drivers, roadshow etc. (basically just all the networking stuff). With the PiStorm32 lite plugged in but no Pi distro (so it boots natively from the A1200), plipbox configures itself and Roadie displays the IP address and network access is fine.

If I then install distro Emu68-pistorm32lite-20230510-bdffce.zip (latest as of a couple of days ago) on the Pi 4 (2Gb RAM), the plipbox fails to configure with the error message:
Interface "plipbox" configuration attempt timed out.

I have tried commenting out the last line of the config file so that the PiStorm32 lite uses the onboard Kickstart 3.1 to mimic the working system as closely as possible but still no luck. I also legally own OS 3.2 so I've tried it with the PiStorm loading the 3.2.2 ROM as well.

I posted this on the PiStorm FB group if you want to see if there are any replies.

Offline G4DDS

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2023, 03:25:41 PM »
Adding NOBURST to the config file has fixed it on my setup. I still suspect the inherent problem is in the PiStorm builds but at the moment I'm just happy to have it working.

Offline G4DDS

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2023, 04:38:25 PM »
I added a diode from the reset pin on the parallel port to the reset pin on the Arduino board so when the Amiga was reset it so did the Arduino.

However, I have an Omniport board as I also have an Indivision AGA MK3:

https://www.amiga-shop.net/en/Amiga-Hardware/Amiga-classic-hardware/OmniPort-Multi-port-adapter-for-Amiga-1200::1095.html

and I've connected the two USB ports upto the Raspberry Pi and I use one of these for the power feed for the Plipbox and I've discovered by chance that when you reset the Amiga, the power on the Pi (and hence the Plipbox) momentarily drops. I use the other USB port for the Pi distribution as an alternative to the SD card so its easy to get access to.