Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Issue with Softhut?  (Read 4449 times)

Description:

Offline Argus

• Show all replies
Re: Issue with Softhut?
« on: September 30, 2005, 01:50:19 AM »
Software Hut has never done wrong by me, a good vendor.  About the A3640, it has nothing to do with Buster7 nor probably the WD scsi chip (proto or otherwise), though you may have trouble with some ZII cards. I have an A3640 with a DMAC2/Ramsey4 combination and it works fine (but you should have at least a Rev.3.1 A3640...Rev.3.0 will not work afaik in the 3K). I don't think you need to buy DMAC4/Ramsey7 chips to use an A3640, despite what you may have read on newsgroups, etc. However, you should have 3.1 m/b ROMs and you 'may' need page mode zips in the first memory bank instead of static column ones. My understanding is that this has to do more with early revision motherboards, particularly the 16MHz ones.  My 3K machine (25MHz) has static column zips throughout (only 4MB...sad) and seems to work fine (but w/ 3.1 roms).  Make sure that you get the 3K m/b clock jumpers set properly for the A3640 board, there are three clock jumpers above/rear of the 68882 chip which need to be set for the A3640 and two other ROM jumpers near the SuperDMAC chip which must be set for 25MHz, iirc.  You can find the proper jumper settings on the net.
posted on A2500+ C=2620 14MHz/8MbFast/1MbChip
dialed in @34K
Just livin\\\' the dream...