Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PS3 - X-Box 360 - Nintendo Revolution  (Read 10504 times)

Description:

Offline DonnyEMU

• Show all replies
    • http://blog.donburnett.com
Re: PS3 - X-Box 360 - Nintendo Revolution
« on: May 23, 2005, 02:37:15 PM »
I hate postings like this because the "A500" alone couldn't come up with these graphics, a finely gifted ARTIST and designer who works to the best of his MEDIUM does.. By saying the "machine" produced this, we are forgetting the fine work of the artist.. A lot of people forget artist names like Jim Sachs who's talent could make a 64 game/picture look better than it ever should have. You guys have been totally forgetting the developers/artists that make these things shine.

Hardware is one thing, but it's talented programmers and artists who really make this happen. Also comparing an Amiga to a PS2 or X-box really isn't a fair comparison because these machines also render polygons using hardware 3d.. You still need an artist to make it look cool. Most good artists can make up for difficiencies in any platform.

Anyone can make a sucky game on any platform.. The point I'd make is saying one's better than the other just really is like starting a thread that Star Trek is better than Star Wars..

I love the number of "backseat drivers" here who talk about producing a game based on what they know.. A good game is a masterpiece and should be treated like that.. And for those that wonder I have my name on 5 childrens game titles on the PC (in the past), so I know the process.

When you talk about who wins, it's usually who has the most content and what games sold the most.. People who buy a playstation won't be buying it to play Mario, and people who buy an X-box won't be buying it to play Mario either.. I think the machines are also geared to whomever the content is..

A nintendo might for instance not wanna have the top cpu power but know that they are banking on people wanting to run all their retro content and current stuff because they like that "type" of content..

A xbox buyer might want games he sees on the PC that are geared at his age group and want to run on the big screen.

A playstation buyer might not be in either camp but want games set at the age group 13-18..

So it's about nitches, not necessarily who has the best hardware will win..
======================================
Don Burnett Developer
http://blog.donburnett.com
don@donburnett.com
======================================