Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Worst amiga games of all time  (Read 6279 times)

Description:

Offline anakirobTopic starter

• Show all replies
    • http://www.systemofsound.org/
Worst amiga games of all time
« on: September 27, 2004, 03:43:29 AM »
I see many old amiga games for sale on e-bay, etc. Some of which do not have reviews, or are reviewed by nostalgic idiots who rate defender of the crown with five stars. Please post your top five suckiest amiga games here, so ppl don't get caught paying $5 a piece for something which is not even worth the time it takes to download the ADF (but, YOU SHOULD OF COURSE BUY THE DAMN THING IF YOU WANT TO PLAY IT).

1. circus games - this was the first game I ever bought. avoid! (unless you're a masochist)
2. abracadabra - you would finish it in your first sitting, if you fight the urge to reset and mangle the disks.
3. bad cat - an apt name (it is BAAAD indeed). you play the role of a cat, and you do some pointless stuff in four game sections, which you see all of even if you suck at joystick waggling.
4. flip it and magnose - ...the water carriers from mars (here to nick all our precious h20). frustrating, tedious, and even when you meet the quota on level six (the final) it still gives you the same old game over (it tells you that you lose).
5. defender of the crown - this one is waaay overrated by almost everyone, and you will finish it on your first go (unless you suck). OK, so the gfx are nice for something made in the 80's which runs on 512k, but there is even less gameplay than dragon's lair.

To think I actually payed good money for these all those years ago is enough to make me suicidal (i.e. play lemmings, it should never appear on this list). :-D

Lemmings 2 would be very close to making this list though.

Offline anakirobTopic starter

• Show all replies
    • http://www.systemofsound.org/
Re: Worst amiga games of all time
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 01:14:27 AM »
By unanimous decision the worst amiga game of all time would have to be
                dangerous streets
I have not played it myself (and never will now!), but that was the one title which everyone heard of and nobody debated in favour of (rise of the robots was saved by one persons multiplayer testimony).

P.S.
It's funny how just about every thread which gets over about 20 replies turns into a discussion on the one known as 'doomaster'.