Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga on the Lake  (Read 5431 times)

Description:

Offline outlawal2

Re: Amiga on the Lake
« on: December 13, 2018, 08:33:28 PM »
Yeah I finally picked up the phone and called them..  Once I had someone on the phone things progressed nicely..

Great place to get Amiga hardware but they don't always check emails and such..

Such is the Amiga landscape..
 :(

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 01:41:38 PM »
No box but there are printed instructions that come with the ROM and floppies.. Nothing special, just simple page prints from a standard printer. I am betting AOTL prints them out and adds them to the package during shipment.

(I haven't really looked at them yet as I am still waiting on my Amigas to come back from ASCILL as he works his magic on them for me.)

The ROMs are labeled as are the floppies, but one thing I noticed is that if you have bought multiple versions (IE 2000, 1200 and 3000 like I did) the floppies are all labeled the same and do not specify the model.  So don't mix them up!  As I understand it each model has slightly different files depending on the model.. (Example would be SCSI specific files for 3000 and IDE specific files for the 1200)

So, as soon as I received them I made small labels with the model and affixed them in the corner of each disk so it is easier to keep track..
Once I actually start using them I will provide some details to folks as I go..
 :)

And again I recommend the OP to call Amiga On The Lake directly.  Once you have him on the phone he is VERY quick to fix whatever issues you have and he will take great care of you...

« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 01:46:59 PM by outlawal2 »

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 04:08:10 PM »
OK thanks for that info.  I wasn't going to take the chance so I took a few minutes and labelled them anyway..

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 08:51:17 PM »
Good To Know!

Now I don't need to make copies of each distribution as I have 3 identical copies already.

Thanks

(And a bit off topic here, but relevant: Does anyone know where to buy brand new Floppy Disks for our Amigas?  Amigakit used to sell them but they haven't had any in stock for quite some time.  And I am only interested in the 770/800k floppies, nothing else. Not interested in hacks of different types that may or may not work)

Thanks!