Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Image Displacement Tester
Image Displacement Tester
Previous Image | Next Image
Description: A little something I made to find out by how many pixels a background image is displaced vertically downwards by the WB bar at the top of the screen.

I found that for OS3.0 in 640x480 (DblPAL) on a A1200 using standard video with all overscan settings left at 640x480 and position (0,0); with the image loaded as background; that the WB bar uses exactly 11 pixels of the overall screen height. As a result, the background image should be made to occupy 640x469 pixels.

A useful thing to know for anyone designing backdrops. See my other images for some default RGB values.
Maybe someone might make use of it.

Hodgkinson.
Picture Stats:
Views: 1570
Filesize: 4.91kB
Height: 768 Width: 1024
Posted by: Hodgkinson at August 22, 2007, 09:24:56 AM

Image Linking Codes
BB Code

Comments (2)

Hodgkinson
August 22, 2007, 08:06:10 PM
Hmmm. I see your point. In my case im using just the basic standard font and font size for the system text, hence the offset being 11 pixels. I suppose with the majority of backgrounds having the bottom few lines of pixels chopped off usually isn't noticiable, but in my case it was a problem as parts of the "Commodore" and "Intel outside" logos on my background (Also uploaded) would vanish off the bottom of the screen.
Since the background I made was only relevant to myself, I could adjust the background, knowing what system it was to be used on, in order to make it correctly fit the screen.

Hodgkinson.
Piru
August 22, 2007, 05:33:03 PM
The displacement depends on the height of the font, so should backdrop artist provide versions of the images for all possible font heights?