Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "most ambitious project" candidate?  (Read 5833 times)

Description:

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
Re: "most ambitious project" candidate?
« on: November 02, 2009, 08:38:35 PM »
Quote from: amyren;528043
I just read an announcement about Tilera's new 100 core CPU, the Tile-Gx.
Wouldnt porting OS4 to this CPU be a worthy candidate to the speculations around Hyperions secret "most amitious project"?

Well, ever since "ssolie" spilled the beans all over MorphZone.org, and then made the announcement on the AmiWest event, I think it's pretty clear that it's about "the box", and the potential features that might lead to (of which "SMP" (kind of, at least) would be one). And frankly, I couldn't think of a more ambitious project than this.
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 09:56:29 PM »
Quote from: Tripitaka;528220
What are you talking about? A search of MorphZone reveals only that ssolie's posts are all about amiga.org getting a new owner and his Amiwest report getting rejected because it had sod all to do with MorphOS. Please, provide some links or your post is meaningless to anyone else.

Well you know, he's hardly what you would call a "regular" at MorphZone, but suddenly one day, he starts posting all over the place about the "box" design of MorphOS, how that was the one and only essential feature of the OS, how that was really what everyone wanted, what we were promised, and how the MorphOS team failed so radically to deliver it, yada yada.

The peculiar thing about it was that it was so *completely unprovoked*, like a flash from a blue summer sky! I mean, nobody has even given the "Q-box" a thought since half a decade or so, but suddenly there he was, pushing this issue like mad. This caused people to wonder why he all the sudden was so interested in box designs, and I know I wasn't the only one who got the feeling that he suddenly "got to know something", and what he *really* wanted to say was: "That initial feature list of MorphOS, with a 'boxed' (microkernel) design, where the 'Amiga' environment runs untouched in a box and new exciting features (like SMP, MP, etc, etc) is added outside it, that feature list was promised to you MorphOS suckers by the MorphOS team a long time ago, this was probably what made you interested in MorphOS instead of OS4 in the first place, and the MorphOS team failed to deliver that to you, but guess what *Hyperion* has up in their sleeve... ... ...". Like he was preparing the ground for the news in his own, weird kind of way.

Here is how he suddenly increases his post count several hundred percent in a very short time...

http://www.morphzone.org/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=3&topic_id=6248
http://www.morphzone.org/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=3&topic_id=6285
http://www.morphzone.org/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=3&topic_id=6287

...and recently this was quite confirmed by the announcement from AmiWest. A box design would be the only even remotely possible way to add "SMP" to the Amiga environment.

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 12:25:39 PM »
Quote from: Akiko;528232
I wouldn't condone flaming from ssolie are anyone else. However I think it hypercritical coming from you. I'm sure there are plenty of seasoned Amiga forum members will know, that you have persistently engaged in similar behavior over the years and worse.

I'm not moralizing upon his posts or posting style over at MorphZone.org, but merely showing how quite a few of us was hinted about the "SMP"/box thing back then already thanks to him. The topic of the thread is speculations about "most ambitious project candidates", I provided a candidate, someone asked for links and an explanation, and I provided that as well.  

Your ungrounded attack on me here is both inappropriate and off topic.