Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Enhancer 2.0 details lacking on its wiki - update in progress?  (Read 5018 times)

Description:

Offline First NinjaTopic starter

Enhancer 2.0 details lacking on its wiki - update in progress?
« on: January 23, 2020, 02:00:05 PM »
With the Amiga Tabor and the AAA bundle (which includes the Enhancer 2.0 enhancement platform) around the corner, I'm interested in knowing a few details about the upcoming release. Unfortunately however, the official wiki page doesn't seem to be up to speed - it only describes versions 1.0 - 1.4. As I understand it, version 2.0 will a pretty big release so I'm eager to know a bit more about it.

Is the wiki page expected to be updated anytime soon?
Karate, Jerry. Karate. It's the lifetime pursuit of balance and harmony.

Offline number6

Re: Enhancer 2.0 details lacking on its wiki - update in progress?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 02:32:38 PM »
With the Amiga Tabor and the AAA bundle (which includes the Enhancer 2.0 enhancement platform) around the corner, I'm interested in knowing a few details about the upcoming release. Unfortunately however, the official wiki page doesn't seem to be up to speed - it only describes versions 1.0 - 1.4. As I understand it, version 2.0 will a pretty big release so I'm eager to know a bit more about it.

Is the wiki page expected to be updated anytime soon?

at approximately the 27 minute mark

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 02:48:15 PM »
Thank you. I understand this is one of the interview's from this past weekend's Amiga event in Ireland? The audio quality is horrible (I'm having a real hard time hearing what Trevor is saying), so my original wish still stands. Anyone who knows when the Enhancer wiki page will be updated is encouraged to post a comment here.

By the way, Six - do you know if the ExecSG speech is available online yet? I'd really like to watch it.

Offline number6

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 03:00:47 PM »
Thank you. I understand this is one of the interview's from this past weekend's Amiga event in Ireland? The audio quality is horrible (I'm having a real hard time hearing what Trevor is saying), so my original wish still stands. Anyone who knows when the Enhancer wiki page will be updated is encouraged to post a comment here.

By the way, Six - do you know if the ExecSG speech is available online yet? I'd really like to watch it.

Yes, it's from Saturday at Amiga Ireland and the audio issues have been thoroughly discussed. heh.
As I said elsewhere, I'd rather not post what can be misinterpreted. Some things are quite clear, others not.
I've reported the interest in the ExecSG speech and asked as alternative whether Steven would like to simply post an update. I hope to see one or the other soon, as you are not the only one asking about this.

The following users thanked this post: First Ninja

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 03:14:07 PM »
I've reported the interest in the ExecSG speech and asked as alternative whether Steven would like to simply post an update. I hope to see one or the other soon, as you are not the only one asking about this.

That's really nice of you, and I'm confident that all of your efforts are appreciated by everyone who wants to follow the ongoing OS 4 development. I'll continue to monitor this thread.

By the way - you really should consider setting up an Amiga news service, given all of the connections you have! :)

Offline number6

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 03:49:22 PM »

That's really nice of you, and I'm confident that all of your efforts are appreciated by everyone who wants to follow the ongoing OS 4 development. I'll continue to monitor this thread.

By the way - you really should consider setting up an Amiga news service, given all of the connections you have! :)

You do bring up an interesting point. I do tend to read a great deal. Many questions asked in one place are already answered someplace else, hence why I post links when I can.
But as wondrous as the internet might be, this leads to one website or one irc channel or whatever knowing things that another does not.
Essentially this is why we did a series of q/a sessions years ago on team*amiga, so the information could be carried back to individual sites, and more easily translated, since it is text and not spoken word.

Sadly, because of the legal situation I've been informed in no uncertain terms that there is significant restraint on what anyone can say about many subjects. This makes keeping people informed a much more difficult, if not impossible task at times. No one has shown any interest in doing further q/a sessions as a result.

Offline amigakit

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2020, 04:41:38 PM »
@First Ninja

The Enhancer Software 2.0 is currently in development so the feature set has not been disclosed to public.

The Wiki correctly shows the *released* versions of the Enhancer Software, which is currently version 1.5

Version 2.0 will appear in the Wiki upon release.
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

The following users thanked this post: First Ninja

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2020, 05:26:58 PM »
Thank you for sorting everything out, Amiga Kit - it's really professional of you guys to reach out like this, and your reply is all I could have asked for. Again, thank you!