Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Enhancer on OS4.1FE Classic and lock ups.  (Read 7205 times)

Description:

Offline slaapliedjeTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by slaapliedje
Enhancer on OS4.1FE Classic and lock ups.
« on: November 05, 2019, 07:54:06 PM »
I have an A4000 with CSPPC w/128mb, Voodoo 3, SB128, X-surf 100, and Rapid Road USB. 
Seems as soon as I install the Enhancer software, it starts to become very unstable.  Just locking up if I move the mouse around.  I know with the Clock loaded, and X-dock since it has the clock, the mouse movement will just randomly choke as if something is consuming CPU time. 

Is this setup something it's intended for, or should the Enhancer only really be ran on a X1000/X5000 system?
A4000D: Mediator 4000Di; Voodoo 3, ZorRAM 128MB, 10/100mb Ethernet, Spider 2. Cyberstorm PPC 060/50 604e/420.

Offline TribbleSmasher

Re: Enhancer on OS4.1FE Classic and lock ups.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 07:57:20 PM »
Is there any kind of taskmanager where you can watch CPU load?

As it is a dual CPU setup, maybe some 68k hickups interfering?

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 10:43:39 PM »
Maybe?  Though I thought 4.1 was purely ppc unless using Run In UAE, which would then kick off the 68k. 
I aslso wonder if it is because I just clicked through everything and the device drivers for other things are floating in devs instead of Storage.  I will check that to ight and see if it is just looking for things or causing conflicts.
A4000D: Mediator 4000Di; Voodoo 3, ZorRAM 128MB, 10/100mb Ethernet, Spider 2. Cyberstorm PPC 060/50 604e/420.

Offline smf

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 06:45:13 AM »
4.x is purely running on ppc.

I have some enhancer components installed on my csppc but i have never installed/used any of the unnecessary programs like the clock etc.
The csppc lacks memory so i keep my installation/user-startup as clean as possible.

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 11:57:07 AM »
What version of enhancer?
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 04:12:50 PM »
I believe I have the 1.5.
I also noticed that AmiSphere login only lets me put in like 5 characters for my username then blinks as if that is too many.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 04:14:49 PM by slaapliedje »

Offline F0LLETT

• Administrator
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 11:12:08 AM »
I believe I have the 1.5.
I also noticed that AmiSphere login only lets me put in like 5 characters for my username then blinks as if that is too many.

More info needed. Where did you get this Enhancer as there are 3 different versions.
How did you register on Amisphere? are you able to login to AmiStore?
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

"Chris is that you!!!"

Offline F0LLETT

• Administrator
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2019, 12:02:32 PM »
Did you ever get this sorted?
I asked questions to try and help and you went all quiet.

"Chris is that you!!!"

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 02:18:00 AM »
Sorry, got distracted by my other Amiga.  I tend to think it's NOT the enhancer software causing it to lock up, though it seems maybe more frequent.  But I think ultimately it may be a heat issue, or something.  Since it seems to run fairly stable at first, then starts to freeze more frequently the longer it's on.  Yet at the same time, if I just leave it sitting there, it runs fine for a while.  Kind of wonder if it's due to some sort of memory leak, since it seems to run better from a cold boot.  Still ultimately locks up though.

I think I did another fresh install after switching the PAL/NTSC jumper to NTSC, hoping that would fix the issue.  But it didn't.
I did figure out the Amisphere login.  I had forgotten that they send you a randomly generated login name.

I purchased it from Amiga kit.

Offline F0LLETT

• Administrator
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 08:53:53 AM »
Sorry, got distracted by my other Amiga.  I tend to think it's NOT the enhancer software causing it to lock up, though it seems maybe more frequent.  But I think ultimately it may be a heat issue, or something.  Since it seems to run fairly stable at first, then starts to freeze more frequently the longer it's on.  Yet at the same time, if I just leave it sitting there, it runs fine for a while.  Kind of wonder if it's due to some sort of memory leak, since it seems to run better from a cold boot.  Still ultimately locks up though.

I think I did another fresh install after switching the PAL/NTSC jumper to NTSC, hoping that would fix the issue.  But it didn't.
I did figure out the Amisphere login.  I had forgotten that they send you a randomly generated login name.

Try to disable both Calender and clock, in wb startup. See is if that stops lockups.

"Chris is that you!!!"

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2019, 05:41:06 PM »

Try to disable both Calender and clock, in wb startup. See is if that stops lockups.
That's what I had to do actually to get it to boot before.  I also disabled X-Dock, but that was because it was overlapping the dock OS4 comes with.  Haven't played a lot with both to see which I like better.

On another note, how the hell do I reset my password for AmiSphere?

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2019, 06:18:45 PM »
Nice... so recovered password (had to click on it within the application itself), but before that the computer froze before it finished even installing the Enhancer stuff, and then when I rebooted, it gave me a disk error, which I hit cancel on and it continued to boot.  Then Amisphere said it was missing things that the installer had installed, so I'm guessing something went funky.  Good thing I made a backup before messing with it.

I notice on the Amistore that there is a v2.0 of the Enhancer, but when clicking on the link, it says file not found....