Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A600 Memory

AuthorTopic: My Checkmate A1500 Plus Amiga 1200 Project  (Read 1677 times)

Offline ToddH

Re: My Checkmate A1500 Plus Amiga 1200 Project
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2019, 03:54:54 PM »
So a quick update...I've managed to get CD32 games burned to a disc to play just fine with both Paula audio and CDDA audio. I had a copy of IDEFix and the CD32 emulator works like a charm after setting it up. I just wish it played CDTV games as I'd love to play the CDTV version of Defender of the Crown CDTV on my machine. I've tried other emulators like CDBoot and the emulator that came with my Squirrel interface but no luck. Anybody know of a good way to play CDTV discs on an A1200? I know I can just use WHDLoad but then I lose the cool voice acting and CD audio.

I solved my mixing of Paula and CDDA audio problem by purchasing this passive mixer...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00102ZN40

It works perfectly with no distortion or added noise.

I have a few more mods to do (waiting on parts) and I will be close to done with my build.  :)

Offline ToddH

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2019, 02:07:55 AM »
So I decided to buy a new keyboard instead of using an old Dell keyboard I had laying around. I knew I wanted to buy a mechanical keyboard since I loved the feel. After searching online I found a place that lets you customize your keyboard however you like.

https://www.wasdkeyboards.com/

One of my favorite things about wasd is that you can choose an Amiga OS key. So I ordered one with the Amiga OS keys, brown tactile switches, and a classic layout. It was a bit pricey but it turned out awesome.

I wanted to put a badge on the keyboard but didn't want to use a cheap sticker. So a quick trip to A1200.net turned up this little beauty...

https://www.a1200.net/product/a1200-metal-badge-checkmark/

And with that my A1200 project is almost done. The only thing left is the Vampire 1200.  :)

Offline nbache

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2019, 10:26:59 AM »
Nice.

You do realise that the Alt and Amiga keys are swapped compared to a "real" classic keyboard, right?

Was that an option that could be configured?

Best regards,

Niels

Offline kolla

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2019, 12:44:55 PM »
You do realise that the Alt and Amiga keys are swapped compared to a "real" classic keyboard, right?

They write about custom layouts and "useful remaps", but I don't see anything in their ordering system for the most common remaps like swapping "GUI keys" and ALT-keys (it's not just Amiga, Mac keyboards are the same), or swapping left ctrl and caps-lock.
B5D6A1D019D5D45BCC56F4782AC220D8B3E2A6CC

Offline ToddH

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2019, 12:50:13 PM »
Nice.

Best regards,

Niels

I do and the keyboard is actually programmable thanks to DIP switches underneath it. It even comes with a key puller. I'll get around to swapping them around sometime. Right now I'm just using it with my PC at the moment because it just feels so nice to type on.

Offline nbache

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2019, 09:00:36 PM »
Ah, now that's a nice solution, having it configurable by the user.

Best regards,

Niels

Offline ToddH

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2019, 09:45:02 PM »
It's a really nice keyboard. It's solid as a rock and has some heft to it. Now that I've been using it on my PC I almost don't want to give it up for the Amiga. Something tells me I'll be ordering another on in the near future.

Offline Pyromania

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2019, 10:04:21 AM »
Nice setup, thanks for sharing. The Checkmate A1500 is a well designed case. Steven Jones is awesome!