Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Extract Pinball Dreams Highscore table  (Read 3498 times)

Description:

Offline efrenmgpTopic starter

Extract Pinball Dreams Highscore table
« on: December 08, 2018, 05:07:21 AM »
Hello!

Does anyone know if it is possible to extract the highscores from the Pinball Dreams diskette and use it with WHDLoad? I still have my old floppies around and they work fine. All the high scores from back then are still there and I would want to move them to the HD installed version.

I will appreciate any guidance if this is at all possible.

Thanks!

Offline TribbleSmasher

Re: Extract Pinball Dreams Highscore table
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 03:29:53 PM »
Did the WHDLoad installer not extract the highscore to a file onto your hd? Maybe try again with the latest version?

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 03:52:57 PM »
@efrenmgp

oes anyone know if it is possible to extract the highscores from the Pinball Dreams diskette and use it with WHDLoad? I still have my old floppies around and they work fine. All the high scores from back then are still there and I would want to move them to the HD installed version.

So you used to play on floppies with the disks write enabled?! That's dangerous IMHO. Corrupted my Emlyn Hughes' International Soccer disks that way :-(
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

Offline Minuous

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 02:11:08 AM »
The easiest way is to use the Multi-game Character Editor (http://amigan.1emu.net/releases/#mce) to edit the high scores on the WHDLoad version to match the scores you had.

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 05:55:13 AM »
Did the WHDLoad installer not extract the highscore to a file onto your hd? Maybe try again with the latest version?

Well, the thing is. I created my WHDLoad version in WinUAE using IPF Disk images. Then I moved it to my real Amiga so maybe I'll try installing it directly from those floppies and see if they are copied over.

Thanks!

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 06:01:49 AM »
So you used to play on floppies with the disks write enabled?! That's dangerous IMHO. Corrupted my Emlyn Hughes' International Soccer disks that way :-(

Sorry to hear that :( In this case, they are a copy I made back in the day directly from the originals (which I also still have). It was a very pleasant surprise to see they still work fine. I've seen hard disks, CDs and DVDs live way shorter lives :o

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 06:04:46 AM »
The easiest way is to use the Multi-game Character Editor (http://amigan.1emu.net/releases/#mce) to edit the high scores on the WHDLoad version to match the scores you had.

Hey thanks for the tip! I'll give it a try :)

Offline paul1981

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 07:33:32 PM »
What an interesting question! I think you'll probably find though that you're better now than you used to be, so those old high-scores probably won't last long.

Oh, write enabled disks were only in danger if you used pirated software! Who used that?

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 05:56:03 AM »
I think you'll probably find though that you're better now than you used to be, so those old high-scores probably won't last long.

Hehe I think it is quite the opposite. Most of them are not mine anyway but even those that are mine, I just don't know how I got them... I have not been able to reach 30 - 40% of those points now :P