Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Hollywood MAL AMIStore App Store A600 Memory

AuthorTopic: Nice surprise just arrived!  (Read 1004 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline eliyahu

Nice surprise just arrived!
« on: April 15, 2016, 04:09:51 PM »
@thread

i've been wanting to do a XMOS project with my X5000 since i got the beta system some time ago (well, actually, since lyle did a 'xena' presentation at amiwest a couple of years ago), but hadn't really had a chance to play around with tools until recently. so i figured i might as well take the plunge and order a xorro card -- and it arrived today in the post.

a big thanks to matthew and amigakit for such quick shipping. oh, and for the little surprise that came with it. ;)



unfortunately the project i'm planning is for my office, so i don't know if i'll be able to get permission to show it to the public being used, but if so, i hope to have some pictures for amiwest. poor lyle is probably going to be inundated with questions this summer as i get up to speed on the wiki docs.

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."
 

Offline Zardoz

Re: Nice surprise just arrived!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 05:31:21 PM »
oh, xorro proto board.

have fun with that...
Zardoz
Main System - A1200 with DKB Cobra 030/68882 @ 40Mhz w/ 16MB RAM | 3.1 ROMs | SD2IDE HDD 4GB | Cortex Gotek FDE 16GB | Indivision AGA MK2cr 1280x1024 Workbench
other systems - 4x A500 | 1x A1000 | 3X A2000 | 1x A3000 030/25 | 1x A600
 

Offline Iggy

Re: Nice surprise just arrived!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 07:33:17 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;807245
@thread

i've been wanting to do a XMOS project with my X5000 since i got the beta system some time ago (well, actually, since lyle did a 'xena' presentation at amiwest a couple of years ago), but hadn't really had a chance to play around with tools until recently. so i figured i might as well take the plunge and order a xorro card -- and it arrived today in the post.

a big thanks to matthew and amigakit for such quick shipping. oh, and for the little surprise that came with it. ;)



unfortunately the project i'm planning is for my office, so i don't know if i'll be able to get permission to show it to the public being used, but if so, i hope to have some pictures for amiwest. poor lyle is probably going to be inundated with questions this summer as i get up to speed on the wiki docs.

-- eliyahu


Neat,
it's about time the possibilities of this co-processor were explored.
I discussed that chip with Paul Gentle before the X1000 was even announced.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"
 

Offline kolla

Re: Nice surprise just arrived!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 07:34:54 PM »
I recall reading about this.. was it 6 years ago?
B5D6A1D019D5D45BCC56F4782AC220D8B3E2A6CC
 

Offline Alloye

Re: Nice surprise just arrived!
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 09:19:27 PM »
@eliyahu

Nice! I'd love to hear about your project should it be permissible.
 

Offline polyp2000

Re: Nice surprise just arrived!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 08:48:31 AM »
Quote from: Alloye;807261
@eliyahu

Nice! I'd love to hear about your project should it be permissible.


I'd love to hear about any project utilising xorro.

Offline kamelito

Re: Nice surprise just arrived!
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 09:57:26 AM »
Since it is CBM legacy, that one would be nice !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgI3g1nkkoI

Kamelito

PS what is the other surprise?
 

Offline carvedeye

Re: Nice surprise just arrived!
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 06:14:48 PM »
Quote from: kamelito;807271
Since it is CBM legacy, that one would be nice !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgI3g1nkkoI

Kamelito

PS what is the other surprise?


Great Vid thanks for sharing :)
A1200T: M1230XA 50Mhz 68030 w/64mb,DVDRom, 80gb hdd, Realtek LAN Card, Mediator LT4 + Radeon 9250 128mb(used for fast ram), Spider USB Card, Voodoo 3 3000 OS 3.9 +bb 1-3