Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

AuthorTopic: Floppy Emulator OR WHDLoad for Games on A1200  (Read 470 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline slimf

Re: Floppy Emulator OR WHDLoad for Games on A1200
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2016, 09:59:36 PM »
Ok first step is to get work bench 3.1 installed. I purchased 3.1 Roms and a new set of WB disks from ami kit a while back. Unfortunately the second disk always gives an error during the install.

Is it possible to get them in adf- legally so I can use the gotek to get bloody work bench installed :-)
 

Offline kolla

Re: Floppy Emulator OR WHDLoad for Games on A1200
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2016, 04:53:39 AM »
HxC USB hooked RPi Zero in external box, controlled through serial port of Amiga or over IP, however you prefer.
B5D6A1D019D5D45BCC56F4782AC220D8B3E2A6CC
---
A3000/060CSPPC+CVPPC/128MB + 256MB BigRAM/Deneb USB
A4000/CS060/Mediator4000Di/Voodoo5/128MB
A1200/Blz1260/IndyAGA/192MB
A1200/Blz1260/64MB
A1200/Blz1230III/32MB
A1200/ACA1221
A600/V600v2/Subway USB
A600/Apollo630/32MB
CD32/SX32/32MB/Plipbox
CD32/TF328
CDTV/V500v2
A500/Viper530
MiSTer, MiST, FleaFPGAs and original Minimig
Peg1, SAM460 and Mac mini with MorphOS
(+ CV64, Emplant, A2065, Catweasels ...)
 

Offline kolla

Re: Floppy Emulator OR WHDLoad for Games on A1200
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2016, 04:55:48 AM »
Quote from: slimf;802841
Ok first step is to get work bench 3.1 installed. I purchased 3.1 Roms and a new set of WB disks from ami kit a while back. Unfortunately the second disk always gives an error during the install.

Is it possible to get them in adf- legally so I can use the gotek to get bloody work bench installed :-)

Just buy AmigaForever from Cloanto, there is a download option available cheaply, it comes with all CBM classic Amiga OS releases, ADFs and kickstart images.

http://www.amigaforever.com
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 04:58:53 AM by kolla »
B5D6A1D019D5D45BCC56F4782AC220D8B3E2A6CC
---
A3000/060CSPPC+CVPPC/128MB + 256MB BigRAM/Deneb USB
A4000/CS060/Mediator4000Di/Voodoo5/128MB
A1200/Blz1260/IndyAGA/192MB
A1200/Blz1260/64MB
A1200/Blz1230III/32MB
A1200/ACA1221
A600/V600v2/Subway USB
A600/Apollo630/32MB
CD32/SX32/32MB/Plipbox
CD32/TF328
CDTV/V500v2
A500/Viper530
MiSTer, MiST, FleaFPGAs and original Minimig
Peg1, SAM460 and Mac mini with MorphOS
(+ CV64, Emplant, A2065, Catweasels ...)
 

Offline TjLaZer

Re: Floppy Emulator OR WHDLoad for Games on A1200
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2016, 07:22:24 AM »
Get a 8GB or 16GB CF Card and a PCMCIA reader and you will be happy you did!  You can format it Fat32 and copy all the WHDload games and Demos to it and you will be all set!  (Fat95 and CompactFlash.device drivers from Aminet)
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:
 

Offline slimf

Re: Floppy Emulator OR WHDLoad for Games on A1200
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2016, 07:39:40 AM »
Quote from: kolla;802865
Just buy AmigaForever from Cloanto, there is a download option available cheaply, it comes with all CBM classic Amiga OS releases, ADFs and kickstart images.

http://www.amigaforever.com


Tried it.. For games it's a non starter for me. They just don't look or feel the same. I think most of that is the LCD screens. CRT seems to be the go.
 

Offline Acill

Re: Floppy Emulator OR WHDLoad for Games on A1200
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2016, 07:47:34 AM »
Quote from: slimf;802874
Tried it.. For games it's a non starter for me. They just don't look or feel the same. I think most of that is the LCD screens. CRT seems to be the go.

He meant get Amiga forever to legally get a copy of the roms and Workbench Disks.
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics
 

Offline slimf

Re: Floppy Emulator OR WHDLoad for Games on A1200
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2016, 09:32:44 AM »
Oh! Well I did buy it many years ago.. No idea where it is thou. Will see if I can dig it up. Good advice, thanks!