Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Hollywood MAL AMIStore App Store A600 Memory

AuthorTopic: Amiga Forever 2016 with PPC support!  (Read 764 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline midway

Re: Amiga Forever 2016 with PPC support!
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2015, 06:30:53 AM »
Cool! Now a cvppc emulation and done we are! Btw its catapultem habeo not habea :)
 

Offline kamelito

Re: Amiga Forever 2016 with PPC support!
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2015, 11:26:45 AM »
why can't it be possible to select OS4.1 and AF2016 at the same time in this page?
http://www.amigaforever.com/shop/?product=os4

Kamelito
 

Offline jj

  • Lifetime Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Feb 2002
  • Posts: 4032
  • Country: wales
  • Total likes: 3
  • Gender: Male
Re: Amiga Forever 2016 with PPC support!
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2015, 12:10:48 PM »
Quote from: B00tDisk;800317
Having finally gotten a chance to play around a bit with OS4.1 Classic on WinUAE, on my system it's pretty poky, but then I've got a pretty old and creaky system (Phenom X4/940 @ 3ghz, 8gb DDR2 RAM).

Doing a new build in a couple of weeks (FX-6300, 16gb DDR3 @3200), we'll see how it behaves then.

Its pretty dam responsive on my 27inch 5k iMac :)

which has got i7-6700K Processor 4.20 GHz and 16GB of  1866 MHz PC3-14900 DDR3L SO-DIMM SDRAM
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2
 
Registered MorphsOS 3.10 user on Powerbook G4 15"
 

Offline Aegis

Re: Amiga Forever 2016 with PPC support!
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2015, 07:07:42 PM »
Quote from: midway;800331
Cool! Now a cvppc emulation and done we are! Btw its catapultem habeo not habea :)


Haha! Thanks Midway! Corrected :D
Catapultem habeo. Nisi pecuniam amnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.
 

Offline B00tDisk

  • VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Dec 2002
  • Posts: 1670
  • Total likes: 0
    • http://www.thedelversdungeon.com
Re: Amiga Forever 2016 with PPC support!
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2015, 10:50:06 PM »
Quote from: JJ;800336
Its pretty dam responsive on my 27inch 5k iMac :)

which has got i7-6700K Processor 4.20 GHz and 16GB of  1866 MHz PC3-14900 DDR3L SO-DIMM SDRAM


Yeah; I'd hope an i7 would beat the pants off of a pokey old Phenom!
Back away from the EU-SSR!
 

Offline kreciu

Re: Amiga Forever 2016 with PPC support!
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2015, 04:31:34 AM »
Quote from: JJ;800336
Its pretty dam responsive on my 27inch 5k iMac :)

which has got i7-6700K Processor 4.20 GHz and 16GB of  1866 MHz PC3-14900 DDR3L SO-DIMM SDRAM


I'm using Xeon 1265l v3 3.7 and it FANTASTIC. Can anybody tell me how to test speed of this emulated system? Is there any "synthetic" benchmark? I tried SysSpeed but it is showing "crazy number".

I need to try in on my old Core 2 Duo 2.6 ghz :).

PS. Now you can gent Amiga OS 4.1 Classic directly from Clonto website as ISO + ADF :)
A1200inE/BOX/3.1.4/AmigaOS3.9+BB1,2,3,4/060/66Mhz+603+/330Mhz/256Mb/FAST-ATA V /MediatorTX/R9200SE/SpiderUSB/LAN/SB128/16Gb-CF/DVD-ROM/ZIP-250/FDD-HD
PC/AmigaOS4.1/Xeon 1265Lv3  with Amiga Forever 2016!!!.
Dell T600/Win98SE/XP/256Mb/Radeon9600Pro/SBLive!/80Gb/DVD-ROM
Color Classic/System 7.1/030/16Mhz/FPU/10Mb/80Mb HDD
Performa 6400/System 8.6/PPC 603ev180Mhz+G3 350Mhz/Rage128Pro/136Mb/80GB HDD
IBM PC :)
 

Offline nicholas

Re: Amiga Forever 2016 with PPC support!
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2015, 03:08:44 PM »
Quote from: kreciu;800362
I'm using Xeon 1265l v3 3.7 and it FANTASTIC. Can anybody tell me how to test speed of this emulated system? Is there any "synthetic" benchmark? I tried SysSpeed but it is showing "crazy number".

I need to try in on my old Core 2 Duo 2.6 ghz :).

PS. Now you can gent Amiga OS 4.1 Classic directly from Clonto website as ISO + ADF :)

It's not to shabby on my 2.5GHz Bay Trail either tbh.

A UAEGFX P96 driver and bsdsocket.library emulation is all it needs really.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini
 

Offline eliyahu

Re: Amiga Forever 2016 with PPC support!
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2015, 03:11:41 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;800372
It's not to shabby on my 2.5GHz Bay Trail either tbh.

A UAEGFX P96 driver and bsdsocket.library emulation is all it needs really.
that, and the ability to support more than 128MB of memory -- although i don't know if the issue is with the OS itself or a limitation of the cyberstorm ppc emulation in UAE itself.

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."
 

Offline Senex

Re: Amiga Forever 2016 with PPC support!
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2015, 07:13:05 PM »
D'oh - SFS usage is also possible, one has just to RTFM, i.e. the official AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition booklet, regarding installation of the 68k version found in the directory L: on CD...
 

Offline nicholas

Re: Amiga Forever 2016 with PPC support!
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2015, 07:36:58 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;800373
that, and the ability to support more than 128MB of memory -- although i don't know if the issue is with the OS itself or a limitation of the cyberstorm ppc emulation in UAE itself.

-- eliyahu


I vaguely remember Toni saying it's possible to emulate more ram on a csppc but OS4 needs changing to support it.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini
 

Offline Gryfon

Re: Amiga Forever 2016 with PPC support!
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2015, 08:12:26 PM »
Aha...of course the first thing I did was dive straight in without RTFM of course :)

Will have another try tonight.

Regards,

Gryfon
\\"We should take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.\\" Ripley, Aliens
 

Offline kreciu

Re: Amiga Forever 2016 with PPC support!
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2015, 08:54:23 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;800372
A UAEGFX P96 driver and bsdsocket.library emulation is all it needs really.
Yes, it is pain to look at such a beautiful OS and have that small resolution :(.

It took long time, but I finally have my "PPC Amiga"...

I also like that Hyperion is selling AmigaOS4.1 iso, I already read people that it was "illegal" to install Amiga OS Classic under UAE...
A1200inE/BOX/3.1.4/AmigaOS3.9+BB1,2,3,4/060/66Mhz+603+/330Mhz/256Mb/FAST-ATA V /MediatorTX/R9200SE/SpiderUSB/LAN/SB128/16Gb-CF/DVD-ROM/ZIP-250/FDD-HD
PC/AmigaOS4.1/Xeon 1265Lv3  with Amiga Forever 2016!!!.
Dell T600/Win98SE/XP/256Mb/Radeon9600Pro/SBLive!/80Gb/DVD-ROM
Color Classic/System 7.1/030/16Mhz/FPU/10Mb/80Mb HDD
Performa 6400/System 8.6/PPC 603ev180Mhz+G3 350Mhz/Rage128Pro/136Mb/80GB HDD
IBM PC :)
 

Offline Gryfon

Re: Amiga Forever 2016 with PPC support!
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2015, 11:14:06 AM »
Even following the manual isn't striaghtforward because when I select SFS as instructed there, I get an error suggesting to try to increase RDBBlocksLo by 4.  Leaving it or increasing it make no difference - I still get the error.

Can anyone help please?

My general issue is I can install AmigaOS4.1 but after rebooting the newly created install won't boot.  It looks like what I need to know is precisely how to configure the hard disk with the media toolbox step by step, something which none of the guides really do.

Regards,

Gryfon
\\"We should take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.\\" Ripley, Aliens
 

Offline kreciu

Re: Amiga Forever 2016 with PPC support!
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2015, 11:57:38 AM »
Quote from: Gryfon;800427
Even following the manual isn't striaghtforward because when I select SFS as instructed there, I get an error suggesting to try to increase RDBBlocksLo by 4.  Leaving it or increasing it make no difference - I still get the error.

Can anyone help please?

My general issue is I can install AmigaOS4.1 but after rebooting the newly created install won't boot.  It looks like what I need to know is precisely how to configure the hard disk with the media toolbox step by step, something which none of the guides really do.

Regards,

Gryfon

Here, do it as he wrote it. Works great, no errors and it boots fine. I did EXACTLY as he wrote.

http://thomas-rapp.homepage.t-online.de/os41uae/index.html

Enjoy your Amiga OS 4.1 :)

PS. Only part do not work on mine is... I can't read CDs under UAE?! Anybody?!
A1200inE/BOX/3.1.4/AmigaOS3.9+BB1,2,3,4/060/66Mhz+603+/330Mhz/256Mb/FAST-ATA V /MediatorTX/R9200SE/SpiderUSB/LAN/SB128/16Gb-CF/DVD-ROM/ZIP-250/FDD-HD
PC/AmigaOS4.1/Xeon 1265Lv3  with Amiga Forever 2016!!!.
Dell T600/Win98SE/XP/256Mb/Radeon9600Pro/SBLive!/80Gb/DVD-ROM
Color Classic/System 7.1/030/16Mhz/FPU/10Mb/80Mb HDD
Performa 6400/System 8.6/PPC 603ev180Mhz+G3 350Mhz/Rage128Pro/136Mb/80GB HDD
IBM PC :)
 

Offline Senex

Re: Amiga Forever 2016 with PPC support!
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2015, 12:38:46 PM »
@Gryfon

So you increased it (from 2 to 7, IIRC), then added SFS from L: on the CD, then additionally set SFS at the cycle button at the lower right corner and finally saved your settings by clicking "Save changes to disk"?