Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Hollywood MAL AMIStore App Store A600 Memory

AuthorTopic: Amigaone X1000 - 3 years in.  (Read 1083 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ddniUK

Amigaone X1000 - 3 years in.
« on: August 17, 2015, 12:14:36 PM »
This week, I will have owned an AmigaOne X1000 for 3 years.
I was an ardent classic user and this machine was my first AmigaOS4 experience.
Despite the surprisingly glacial pace of OS development, I have enjoyed the X1000. AmigaOS has developed steadily during this time and is much more stable and feature rich than the update5 install I first encountered.

I am constantly impressed by the third party developers out there who invest their free time to create interesting and sometime essential programs for AmigaOS

The usual old bug bears continue to gnaw at me though;

The promised AmigaOS4.2 license still hasn't arrived.
Half of the CPU is unused.
The onboard ethernet driver continues to be locked away.

I am not ranting about these things (lord knows there have been enough threads that have), but it would be really nice for AEon and Hyperion to get together and produce a formal news release detailing the current position on HW/OS development...
 

Offline magnetic

Re: Amigaone X1000 - 3 years in.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 05:12:41 PM »
Its pretty cool you own an x1000 that's a very exotic computer. Its amazing that you are surprised with hyperions lack of development and promise fulfillment. Their track record speaks for itself. Pathetic.
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs
 

Offline number6

Re: Amigaone X1000 - 3 years in.
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 05:17:50 PM »
Quote from: ddniUK;794056
This week, I will have owned an AmigaOne X1000 for 3 years.
I was an ardent classic user and this machine was my first AmigaOS4 experience.
Despite the surprisingly glacial pace of OS development, I have enjoyed the X1000. AmigaOS has developed steadily during this time and is much more stable and feature rich than the update5 install I first encountered.

I am constantly impressed by the third party developers out there who invest their free time to create interesting and sometime essential programs for AmigaOS

The usual old bug bears continue to gnaw at me though;

The promised AmigaOS4.2 license still hasn't arrived.
Half of the CPU is unused.
The onboard ethernet driver continues to be locked away.

I am not ranting about these things (lord knows there have been enough threads that have), but it would be really nice for AEon and Hyperion to get together and produce a formal news release detailing the current position on HW/OS development...



What you ask for already happened August 1, 2015:

Hyperion podcast

#6
 

Offline eliyahu

Re: Amigaone X1000 - 3 years in.
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 05:22:29 PM »
Quote from: number6;794074
What you ask for already happened August 1, 2015:

Hyperion podcast
Vielleicht könnte ein deutsches Mitglied ins Englische zu übersetzen?

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."
 

Offline number6

Re: Amigaone X1000 - 3 years in.
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 05:26:02 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;794075
Vielleicht könnte ein deutsches Mitglied ins Englische zu übersetzen?

-- eliyahu


Heh. ok...

Pavlor's brief summary in his own words
Better?

#6
 

Offline Bennymee

Re: Amigaone X1000 - 3 years in.
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 05:37:37 PM »
Quote from: ddniUK;794056
This week, I will have owned an AmigaOne X1000 for 3 years.
I was an ardent classic user and this machine was my first AmigaOS4 experience.
Despite the surprisingly glacial pace of OS development, I have enjoyed the X1000. AmigaOS has developed steadily during this time and is much more stable and feature rich than the update5 install I first encountered.

I am constantly impressed by the third party developers out there who invest their free time to create interesting and sometime essential programs for AmigaOS

The usual old bug bears continue to gnaw at me though;

The promised AmigaOS4.2 license still hasn't arrived.
Half of the CPU is unused.
The onboard ethernet driver continues to be locked away.

I am not ranting about these things (lord knows there have been enough threads that have), but it would be really nice for AEon and Hyperion to get together and produce a formal news release detailing the current position on HW/OS development...


That is a great story.

Comparing OS 3.x to 4.1 on new hardware, AmigaOne 500 in my case, it is a big leap forward. I'm also happy with it !
Amiga 500, 1200, 4000, Amigaone, Morphos, CyberstormPPC, Blizzardppc, OS4.x
 

Offline apsturk

Re: Amigaone X1000 - 3 years in.
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 12:29:37 AM »
I bought my first Amiga in 2013. My AmigaOne X1000 arrived in February 2015 and I am very happy with it. I have been donating lots of money (far more that I paid for the X1000) to many Amiga OS4.1 developers and have bought about every bit of software I could find so far. Having lots of fun and looking forward to all the great stuff to come after the SDK is out.
AmigaOnTheLake.com
AmigaOne X1000 | OS4.1FE | Radeon R9 280X | 480Gb SSD | 4Gb | 27 ViewSonic VP2770|
Amiga 500 | CPU 68010| Megachip 2 meg | Kickstart 3.1 | GVP 500HD+8 ROM 4.15 8 meg fast ram | ECS Indevision | SCSI2SD 4gig | BetterWB 4.0 | CD - Zip drives and Plipbox.
Amiga 1200 | Indivision 1200 AGA MK2cr | CF 4gig | ACA 1233 55.55mhz | OS3.9 | FastATA 1200 MK-V | Rapid Road
2 MorphOS Paid for copies. Running on Mac Mini 1.5Ghz
 

Offline F1Lupo

Re: Amigaone X1000 - 3 years in.
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 12:59:26 AM »
@ddni

my goodness time flies when we're having fun

looking forward to the journey of getting full dual core support, and use of full 4GB ram and HD Radeon vram
____________________________________________________________________
c64-dual sids, A1000, A1200-060@50, A4000-CSMKIII
Indivision AGA & Catweasel MK4+= Amazing
! My Master Miggies-Amiga 1000 & AmigaOne X1000 !
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:
 

Offline Pyromania

Re: Amigaone X1000 - 3 years in.
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 02:00:11 AM »
Congrats, upgrading to X5000?
 

Offline ddniUK

Re: Amigaone X1000 - 3 years in.
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 08:25:04 AM »
Not until my PASemi releases it's magic blue smoke!
 

Offline blakespot

Re: Amigaone X1000 - 3 years in.
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 03:20:45 PM »
Quote from: ddniUK;794056
This week, I will have owned an AmigaOne X1000 for 3 years.
I was an ardent classic user and this machine was my first AmigaOS4 experience.
Despite the surprisingly glacial pace of OS development, I have enjoyed the X1000.


What are your core go-to apps?


bp
:: http://www.bytecellar.com - The Vintage Computing Weblog
:: http://toucharcade.com - iPhone Gaming News and Reviews
:: Amigas: 1000, 2000, 1200 \'060, SAM440ep-Flex 733