Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: IntelGMA Gallium alpha  (Read 1346 times)

Description:

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
IntelGMA Gallium alpha
« on: December 06, 2011, 10:28:18 PM »
I can't believe it, it's finally happening!

Faster drivers can be found on page two of thread:

http://aros-exec.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6523&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0

Supported chipsets:
915G
915GM
945G
945GM
945GME
G33
Q35
Q33
Pineview G
Pineview M
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
Re: IntelGMA Gallium alpha
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 11:23:35 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;670564
I can't believe it, it's finally happening!

Faster drivers can be found on page two of thread:

http://aros-exec.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6523&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0

Supported chipsets:
915G
915GM
945G
945GM
945GME
G33
Q35
Q33
Pineview G
Pineview M

Neither can I X.
915G, ugh!
The thought of using that again makes me feel slightly ill.
How about a Radeon 4650 driver?
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 11:34:12 PM »
Nagh, I think Radeon is more MorphOS territory.

This on the other hand is good considering that the majority of Laptops and small form factor PC's that support AROS well have never had 3D acceleration. I never understood why it took so damn long. You'd think that NVIDIA support would have came secondary (even though it is superior) considering that hardly any of the compatible computers had an NVIDIA video chip set built in.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 11:38:59 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;670580
Nagh, I think Radeon is more MorphOS territory.

This on the other hand is good considering that the majority of Laptops and small form factor PC's that support AROS well have never had 3D acceleration. I never understood why it took so damn long. You'd think that NVIDIA support would have came secondary (even though it is superior) considering that hardly any of the compatible computers had an NVIDIA video chip set built in.

Good points. I had a 915G based motherboard a couple of years ago when I still had Intel processors.
I'm actually a big fan of integrated graphics (its just that Intel's have been so damned primitive).
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 11:50:05 PM »
As I said in the linked thread Intel definately isnt my choice of graphics adaptors, but being that Intel commands more of the graphics market than all other vendors combined having reasonbly functional drivers is quite important for an x86 OS.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.