Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A600 Memory

AuthorTopic: Only 3 more days  (Read 6679 times)

Offline EDanaII

Re: Only 3 more days
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2011, 11:37:07 PM »
Hmmm... I downloaded "Commodore OS" ages ago and it didn't take 6 hours. Musta been the "beta" version. ;) I installed it on my Lenovo SL-510, so I didn't need a C64x or "Amiga" to run it.

So, no "value-add" from CUSA for me...

Now, if they replaced Linux DOS with something not case-sensitive with commands readable as English and a directory structure that made sense, threw in some datatypes and all the other goodies that made Amiga so enjoyable, there might actually be a "value-add" in there for me.

But we all know that AIN'T gonna happen. :)
Ed.

Offline vox

« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2011, 11:40:09 PM »
Quote from: TiredOLife;667299
@digitex

What about COS2, will it still be something other than Linux and is there any time scale for the arrival of that?

Cheers

Waiting for Barry The Messiah (At AW.net dubbed Baron Vladimir Harkonnen) to decide what OS they gonna rip next time. Sorry, base CommodoreOS on
Future Acube and MOS supporter, fi di good, nothing fi di unprofessionals. Learn it harder way! http://www.youtube.com/user/rasvoja and https://www.facebook.com/rasvoja

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2011, 08:32:21 AM »
Quote from: vox;668008
Waiting for Barry The Messiah (At AW.net dubbed Baron Vladimir Harkonnen) to decide what OS they gonna rip next time. Sorry, base CommodoreOS on

Maybe they can do a KDE based disc next. You know.. "Kommodore Does Everything".

Hey, that's not so bad.. I should write that down before they steal it.

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2011, 08:35:46 AM »
Quote from: slaapliedje;667712

There are also the medibuntu stuff (for googlemaps, win32 codecs, etc.  The things that aren't enabled by default in normal ubuntu due to not having US friendly distribution licenses.)

What's the betting pool that Barry haven't paid for proper licensing for these things?

Offline persia

« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2011, 02:03:33 PM »
@runequester

I'd check with the license owners just to be sure.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.